In Port Deposit, Maryland, there are a variety of kid-friendly activities to enjoy. For those who love the outdoors, there are plenty of parks and hiking trails to explore. For those who prefer indoor activities, there are several museums, art galleries, and movie theaters. There is something for everyone in Port Deposit! Some popular kid-friendly activities include visiting the Susquehanna State Park, hiking the North East River Trail, exploring the Havre de Grace Maritime Museum, visiting the Chesapeake City Park, and seeing a movie at the Maryland International Film Festival. No matter what your interests are, you are sure to find something to enjoy in Port Deposit!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Port Deposit, Maryland
1. Visit the Port Deposit Heritage Area Museum to learn about the history of the town and the Chesapeake Bay.
2. Stroll along the water’s edge at Susquehanna State Park and look for turtles, fish, and birds.
3. Go for a hike or bike ride on the Tuckahoe Trail which runs for 16 miles along the Tuckahoe River.
4. Have a picnic lunch at one of the many scenic spots along the river.
5. Take a boat ride on the Chesapeake Bay or go fishing from the docks in Port Deposit.
6. Visit the Rock Run Grist Mill to see how flour was once made using water power.
7. Play in the spray park or go swimming at the John R. Hargrave Memorial Park.
8. explore the woods and look for insects and animals at the Marshy Point Nature Center.
9. Visit the Havre de Grace Decoy Museum to learn about the history of decoy carving.
10. Shop for souvenirs at the many antique shops and art galleries in town.