Pontianak, Indonesia is a great place to visit with kids! There are many kid-friendly activities to enjoy in this city, including the following:
-Visit the Zoo: The Pontianak Zoo is a great place to take kids to see a variety of animals, from tigers and lions to tapirs and Komodo dragons!
-Take a riverboat ride: Kids will enjoy a ride on one of the many riverboats that ply the waterways of Pontianak. There are many companies offering boat rides, so you can choose one that best suits your schedule and budget.
-Head to the waterparks: Pontianak has two waterparks that are perfect for a hot day – Aquapark and Tirta Sari Waterpark. Both offer a variety of slides and rides, as well as pools and other water-based activities, to keep the kids entertained.
-Explore the city on foot: There are many pedestrian-only areas in Pontianak, which makes it a great place to explore with kids. Stroll around the city and take in the sights and sounds of this unique Indonesian city.
-Visit the museums: Pontianak has a number of museums that will be of interest to kids, including the Museum Pontianak and the Museum of West Kalimantan. These museums offer a chance to learn about the history and culture of the region, as well as see some interesting artifacts.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Pontianak, Indonesia
1. Enjoy the views of Pontianak from atop Bukit Jambulu.
2. Take a leisurely stroll through Kampung Duku and admire the quaint houses.
3. Visit the Pontianak Zoo and learn about the various animals that call it home.
4. Stop by the Museum Negeri Pontianak and explore the history and culture of the city.
5. explore the Nature Reserve of Pulau Kembang and enjoy the tranquility of the forest.
6. Shop for unique souvenirs at the Pasar Baru marketplace.
7. Ride a boat down the Kapuas River and take in the scenic beauty of the area.
8. Visit the Taman Budaya cultural center and learn about the performing arts of Pontianak.
9. Attend a traditional Dayak dance performance at the Panggung Balai.
10. enjoy the views of Pontianak from atop the iconic Menara Tirta Kenanga.