There are many kid friendly things to do in Pontarlier, France. The first thing that comes to mind is the local amusement park, which is full of rides and games for kids of all ages. Another great option is the Pierrots de Pontarlier, a kid-friendly theater that puts on regular shows. For a more educational experience, kids can visit the Musée de la Bonnette, which is full of interesting exhibits about the area’s history. If the weather is nice, the nearby lakes are perfect for swimming, fishing, and canoeing. And of course, no visit to France would be complete without enjoying some of the delicious food, which can be found in abundance in Pontarlier.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Pontarlier, France
1. Kids will love exploring the Château de Joux, a medieval castle that has been turned into a museum.
2. For a fun and educational activity, take the kids to the Musée des Horlogers, a museum dedicated to the history of watchmaking in Pontarlier.
3. Visit the Parc des Enfants, a large park with a playground, a petting zoo, and a miniature train.
4. See the Pontarlier Volcano, a extinct volcano that is now a popular hiking spot.
5. Take a ride on the Pontarlier Tramway, a historic tramway that runs through the city.
6. Visit the Maisonnat du Tourisme, a museum about the history of tourism in Pontarlier.
7. Go for a swim at the Aquatic Centre, a large indoor swimming pool.
8. Have a picnic in the Jardin Botanique, a beautiful botanical garden.
9. Watch a movie at the Cinéma Rex, a historic movie theater.
10. Explore the Grandefontaine Cave, a large cave with a waterfall.