Pond Creek, Oklahoma is a great town for kids and families. There are plenty of kid friendly things to do, including visiting the Pond Creek National Wildlife Refuge, going for a hike or bike ride on one of the many trails, or playing at one of the several playgrounds. The town also offers a number of special events throughout the year, such as the Pond Creek Pumpkin Festival and the Pond Creek 4th of July Celebration.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Pond Creek, Oklahoma
1. Take a walk or bike ride on the scenic Pond Creek Nature Trail.
2. Visit the Parmelee Farmstead and see how life was on a working farm in the early 1900s.
3. tour the historic Pond Creek Academy building and learn about the school’s important role in the community.
4. Splash around in one of Pond Creek’s three public swimming pools.
5. Play a game of tennis or pickleball at one of the city’s five public courts.
6. Get your adrenaline pumping with a visit to the Pond Creek Skate Park.
7. Have a picnic in one of Pond Creek’s many parks or in the scenic Parmelee Farmstead.
8. Go fishing in one of Pond Creek’s three stocked ponds.
9. Play a round of golf at the Pond Creek Golf Course.
10. Explore the Pond Creek Wetlands and see the diverse plant and animal life that calls it home.