Ponchatoula, Louisiana is a great place for families with young children. There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep little ones entertained, whether it’s exploring the historic downtown area, taking a dip in one of the city’s many parks and recreation areas, or visiting one of the many family-friendly attractions.
Downtown Ponchatoula is a great place to start exploring with kids. The area is full of history and there are many interesting shops and businesses to check out. You can also take a stroll down one of the many scenic walking trails or stop by one of the city’s museums.
There are also plenty of parks and recreation areas in Ponchatoula that are perfect for families. chief among them being the Lake Pontchartrain levee. This levee offers great views of the lake and the surrounding area, and there are also plenty of walking and biking trails to explore. Other parks worth checking out include (but are not limited to) North Park, Audubon Park, and Memorial Park.
Finally, there are a number of family-friendly attractions in Ponchatoula that are sure to please kids of all ages. The Ponchatoula Commercial Historic District is a great place to start, as it is home to a number of businesses that have been in operation for over a hundred years. There is also the Louisiana State Fairgrounds, which hosts a number of events throughout the year, and the Ponchatoula Zoo, which is home to over 300 animals.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Ponchatoula, Louisiana
1. Kids will love visiting the Ponchatoula Strawberry Festival, where they can pick their own strawberries, enjoy delicious strawberry treats, and listen to live music.
2. The KidsZone at the Southeastern Louisiana Fair is a great place for kids to play games, win prizes, and have lots of fun.
3. The Splash Pad at Ponchatoula Recreation Park is a perfect place to cool off on a hot summer day.
4. At the Audubon Nature Institute, kids can learn all about animals and see them up close at the Audubon Zoo and the Aquarium of the Americas.
5. Take a ride on the historic Tammany Trace, a Rails-to-Trails converted railroad line that is now a popular place for walking, biking, and rollerblading.
6. Families can enjoy a day of fishing at one of Ponchatoula’s many lakes, such as Lake Pontchartrain, Lake Maurepas, or Lake Borgne.
7. The Airboat Swamp Tours at Honey Island Swamp Tours offer a unique way to see Louisiana’s cypress swamps and wildlife.
8. The Cajun Village of Robert is a great place to learn about Cajun culture and see traditional crafts being made.
9. The Space Exploration Center at John C. Stennis Space Center is a must-see for any budding astronauts.
10. The Liberty Theater in Ponchatoula is a vintage movie theater that shows classic films and hosts special events.