Pokhara is a beautiful city in Nepal that offers plenty of kid-friendly activities. Families can enjoy hiking, boating, and exploring the many nearby caves and temples. The city is also home to a large number of parks and playgrounds, perfect for a day of picnicking and enjoying the outdoors. Pokhara is also a great place to shop for souvenirs and handicrafts, as there are many markets and shops selling locally made goods. For a truly memorable experience, take a cable car ride up to Sarangkot for stunning views of the city and the Himalayan mountains.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Pokhara, Nepal
1. Go to see the 197 foot tall statue of Lord Shiva at the World Peace Pagoda.
2. Visit the International Mountain Museum to learn about the Himalayas and the people who live there.
3. Animal lovers will enjoy a visit to the Rescue Centre for Endangered Wildlife, where you can see bears, leopards, rhinos, and many other animals.
4. Go for a nature walk or hike in one of Pokhara’s many beautiful parks, such as Phewa Tal Park or Rupa Tal Park.
5. Take a boat ride on Phewa Tal, the second largest lake in Nepal, and get a close up view of the mountains reflected in its waters.
6. Explore the caves at Sarangkot, where you can see pre-historic paintings and carvings.
7. Visit the Seti River Gorge, where you can see the river rushing through a narrow canyon.
8. Shop for souvenirs at the bustling lakeside market, where you’ll find everything from hand-woven carpets to carved wooden masks.
9. Learn about the Gurung people, who have lived in Pokhara for centuries, at the Gurung Museum.
10. Take a cable car up to the top of Sarangkot for incredible views of the Himalayas and the city of Pokhara.