Pocatello, Idaho is a great place for families to visit. There are many kid-friendly activities to keep children of all ages entertained. The Zoo Idaho is a perfect place to spend a day exploring all the different animals. For the more adventurous family, there is rafting and kayaking on the Portneuf River. Hiking and biking trails are also plentiful in Pocatello and offer stunning views of the surrounding mountains and valleys. Families can also enjoy picnicking in one of the many parks or playing a game of mini golf. Other popular activities include visiting the Museum of Natural History, the Idaho State University Planetarium, and the Idaho Aquarium. Pocatello is a great place to raise a family or just to visit and have some fun!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Pocatello, Idaho
1. Go to the Zoo: The Idaho Falls Zoo is a great place to take your kids. They have a wide variety of animals, including lions, tigers, and bears.
2. Visit a Park: There are many parks in Pocatello, Idaho, such as the Railroad Museum, the Veteran’s Memorial Park, and the Bannock County Fairgrounds.
3. Go on a Hike: Pocatello is home to many hiking trails, such as the Table Rock Trail and the Scout Mountain Trail.
4. Take a scenic drive: There are many scenic drives in Pocatello, such as the Portneuf Valley Scenic Byway and the Lava Hot Springs Scenic Byway.
5. Go fishing: There are many great places to go fishing in Pocatello, such as the Snake River and the American Falls Reservoir.
6. Go camping: There are many great camping spots in Pocatello, such as the Scout Mountain Campground and the Table Rock Campground.
7. Go to the library: Pocatello has a great library, which has many activities for kids, such as story time and movie nights.
8. Go to a museum: There are many great museums in Pocatello, such as the Idaho Museum of Natural History and the Fort Hall Replica.
9. Go to a movie: There are many great movie theaters in Pocatello, such as the Grand Teton Mall Cinema and the Regal Cinemas.
10. Eat at a restaurant: There are many great restaurants in Pocatello, such as the Pizza Hut and the Olive Garden.