Pocahontas is a town rich in history and culture, and there are plenty of kid-friendly things to do to keep your little ones entertained. The town has a historic downtown area with a variety of shops and restaurants, as well as a number of museums and historical sites. The Pocahontas County Opera House is a great place to take in a show, and the town also has a number of parks and playgrounds.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Pocahontas, Virginia
1. Pocahontas County Museum: The Pocahontas County Museum is a great place to learn about the history of Pocahontas County and the town of Pocahontas. The museum has a variety of exhibits on the history of the county, the town, and the people who have lived here.
2. Pocahontas Opera House: The Pocahontas Opera House is a historic theater that is still in use today. The Opera House hosts a variety of performances throughout the year, including live music, theater, and dance.
3. Pocahontas State Park: Pocahontas State Park is a large state park that offers a variety of activities for visitors. The park has hiking trails, a lake for swimming and fishing, and a variety of other outdoor activities.
4. Blue Ridge Parkway: The Blue Ridge Parkway is a scenic road that runs through the mountains of Virginia. The Parkway offers beautiful views of the mountains and is a great place to take a drive.
5. Appalachian Trail: The Appalachian Trail is a long hiking trail that runs through the Appalachian Mountains. The trail is over 2,000 miles long and is a great place to hike and explore the mountains.
6. Pocahontas Live: Pocahontas Live is a festival that is held every year in Pocahontas. The festival features a variety of entertainment, including live music, crafts, food, and games.
7. Pocahontas County Courthouse: The Pocahontas County Courthouse is a historic building that is still in use today. The courthouse is the site of the county government and is open to the public for tours.
8. Pocahontas Baptist Church: The Pocahontas Baptist Church is a historic church that is still in use today. The church is open to the public for tours and also hosts a variety of events throughout the year.
9. Pocahontas Memorial Hospital: The Pocahontas Memorial Hospital is a historic hospital that is still in use today. The hospital is open to the public for tours and also hosts a variety of events throughout the year.
10. Pocahontas Parks and Recreation: Pocahontas Parks and Recreation is a department of the town of Pocahontas that is responsible for the upkeep of the town’s parks and recreation facilities. The department also hosts a variety of events and programs throughout the year.