Looking for things to do with the kids in Plymouth, New York? Look no further! There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep everyone happy. For the outdoorsy family, take a hike on one of the many trails in the area or go for a swim in one of the many lakes. For the indoor family, visit the Plymouth Historical Museum or take a tour of the John Brown Farm State Historic Site. Whatever you choose to do, your family is sure to have a great time in Plymouth, New York!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Plymouth, New York
1. Outdoor activities abound in Plymouth, New York, and one of the most popular among kids is hiking. There are numerous hiking trails in and around Plymouth, and many of them are suitable for kids of all ages. Some of the most popular trails include the Finger Lakes Trail, which runs through the area, and the River Trail, which offers beautiful views of the Susquehanna River.
2. Fishing is another popular outdoor activity in Plymouth, and there are many spots where kids can cast their lines. The Susquehanna River is a great place to fish for trout, bass, and other species, and there are also numerous lakes and ponds in the area that are stocked with fish.
3. Camping is another great way to enjoy the outdoors in Plymouth, and there are several campgrounds in and around the area. Many of the campgrounds offer amenities like swimming pools, playgrounds, and picnic areas, and some even offer RV hookups.
4. For a taste of history, kids can visit the Plymouth Historical Museum, which showcases the area’s rich history dating back to the Revolutionary War. The museum is located in an old schoolhouse, and kids will enjoy seeing the many artifacts on display.
5. The Plymouth Public Library is another great place to take kids, and they can enjoy the many books, magazines, and DVDs that are available. The library also offers story time for kids, and there are often special events and programs held throughout the year.
6. The Plymouth Aquatic Center is a great place to take kids to cool off in the summer months. The center features a large swimming pool, a water slides, and a kiddie pool, and there are also locker rooms and a snack bar.
7. The Plymouth Speedway is a great place to take kids to watch some exciting racing action. The speedway features stock car, kart, and motorcycle racing, and there is also a flea market and a concession stand.
8. The Peek’n Peak Resort is a great place to take kids for a day of fun. The resort features a water park, a ski area, and an adventure park, and there are also several dining options and shops.
9. Thetford Park is a great place to take kids to play. The park features a playground, a walking trail, and a picnic area, and there is also a fishing pond.
10. The Nationaltightrope Park is a great place to take kids to experience something truly unique. The park features a variety of tightrope walking courses, and there is also a zip line and a climbing wall.