There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Playas, Ecuador! For starters, the beach is a great place to spend the day. Kids can build sandcastles, splash in the waves, and collect shells. There are also several parks in town with playgrounds, swings, and slides. If your kids are into sports, they can join one of the many Youth sports leagues in town. There are also several museums and art galleries that offer kid-friendly activities and tours. And of course, no trip to Ecuador would be complete without sampling the delicious food!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Playas, Ecuador
1. Visit the Museum of Pre-Columbian Art- The museum features a collection of artifacts from pre-Columbian cultures, as well as a library and shop.
2. Walk along the boardwalk- The boardwalk is a great place to people watch, enjoy the ocean views, and get some exercise.
3. Take a dip in the pool- There are several public pools in Playas that are perfect for cooling off on a hot day.
4. Play in the park- Parque de las Palmas is a large park with plenty of space to run around, a playground, and a basketball court.
5. Visit the tortoise sanctuary- The sanctuary is home to over 200 tortoises, many of which are endangered.
6. Go fishing- Playas is known for its great fishing, and there are several charter companies that can take you out onto the water.
7. Watch the sunset- The sunsets in Playas are stunning, and there are several spots along the beach where you can sit and enjoy the show.
8. Visit the farmer’s market- The market is held every Saturday and features fresh produce and other local goods.
9. Sample the local cuisine- Playas has a number of great restaurants that offer delicious Ecuadorian food.
10. Take a surf lesson- Surfing is a popular activity in Playas, and there are several schools that offer lessons for all levels.