There’s plenty for kids to do in Plattekill, New York! For starters, the Plattekill Library offers story times and special events for children of all ages. The Library also has a great selection of children’s books, movies, and games.
For outdoor fun, the Plattekill Community Park has a playground, picnic tables, and a walking trail. In the warmer months, kids can cool off in the spray park. Or, take a short drive to visit the Wallkill River National Wildlife Refuge for hiking, fishing, and bird watching.
If your kids are into sports, they can join a local youth league or take lessons at one of the many sports facilities in Plattekill. There are also several family-friendly restaurants and cafes in town, perfect for a quick bite or a leisurely meal.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Plattekill, New York
1. Hike to the top of the Plattekill Mountain: The Plattekill Mountain is a great place to hike with kids as there are hiking trails of varying difficulty levels. The views from the top of the mountain are stunning and kids will love exploring the different rock formations.
2. Take a ride on the Minnewaska State Park Carousel: The Minnewaska State Park Carousel is a great way for kids to take in the sights and sounds of the park. The carousel is located in the Minnewaska Visitor Center and kids can purchase tickets for a ride.
3. Visit the Plattekill Falls: The Plattekill Falls is a beautiful waterfall located in the town of Plattekill. Kids will love exploring the different rocks and pools of water at the base of the falls.
4. Go fishing at the Plattekill Creek: The Plattekill Creek is a great place to go fishing with kids. There are many different types of fish that can be caught in the creek, such as trout, bass, and sunfish.
5. Explore the Plattekill Wildlife Sanctuary: The Plattekill Wildlife Sanctuary is a great place for kids to see different types of animals and plants. The sanctuary offers many different trails for kids to explore.
6. Take a scenic drive on the Plattekill Mountain Scenic Byway: The Plattekill Mountain Scenic Byway is a great way for kids to take in the sights of the area. The byway winds its way through the Catskill Mountains and offers many great views.
7. Visit the Plattekill Library: The Plattekill Library is a great place for kids to visit. The library has a wide selection of books and kids can take part in many different activities.
8. Go swimming at the Plattekill Aquatic Center: The Plattekill Aquatic Center is a great place for kids to cool off in the summer months. The center offers a swimming pool, water slides, and a wading pool.
9.enjoy a picnic lunch at the Orsini Park: The Orsini Park is a great place for kids to enjoy a picnic lunch. The park has a playground, picnic tables, and a pavilion.
10. Take a walk or bike ride on the D&H Canal Linear Park: The D&H Canal Linear Park is a great place for kids to take a walk or bike ride. The park follows the old route of the D&H Canal and offers many great views.