If you’re looking for kid-friendly activities in Pistoia, Italy, you won’t be disappointed. The city offers a wide variety of activities that both kids and adults will enjoy. One popular activity is the Pistoia Zoo, which is home to more than 500 animals. The zoo is located in the center of the city and is a great place to spend a few hours. Other activities that kids will enjoy include the Pistoia Aquarium, where they can see a variety of fish and other aquatic creatures, and the Pistoia Planetarium, which offers a variety of shows and multimedia presentations. For something a little different, you can also take a ride on the Pistoia Train, which offers a scenic tour of the city.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Pistoia, Italy
1. Visit the botanical gardens: The Pistoia Botanical Garden is one of the oldest in Europe and boasts a collection of over 8,000 different species of plants.
2. Learn about the city’s history at the Pistoia History Museum: The museum tells the story of Pistoia from its Roman roots to the present day.
3. See the lions at the Palazzo dei Lioni: The Palazzo dei Lioni is home to a pair of marble lions that date back to the 16th century.
4. Admire the art at the Cathedral of San Zeno: The cathedral houses a number of important works of art, including a 13th-century painting by Florentine artist Cimabue.
5. Discover Pistoia’s musical heritage at the Museum of Musical Instruments: The museum has a collection of over 1,000 musical instruments, including many rare and historical items.
6. Walk through the ancient streets of the old town: The old town is a labyrinth of narrow streets and alleyways that are lined with beautiful medieval buildings.
7. Climb to the top of the Torre del Mangia: The Torre del Mangia is a 14th-century tower that offers stunning views over the city from its rooftop.
8. Visit the Museum of Palazzo Poggi: The museum is located in a Renaissance palazzo and houses an eclectic collection of art, furniture, and objects from around the world.
9. Relax in one of Pistoia’s parks: There are several parks in Pistoia, including the large Parco del Sole, which is perfect for a picnic or a stroll.
10. Sample the local cuisine: Pistoia is known for its traditional Tuscan dishes, such as lampredotto (a type of stewed beef) and cantucci (almond biscuits).