Whether you’re a local looking for things to do with your kids or a visitor to Pikesville, Maryland, there are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep everyone happy. For outdoor fun, head to the community park for a game of tennis or take a leisurely stroll on the walking trails. If your kids are the adventurous type, take them rock climbing at the nearby indoor facility.
For a more laid-back day, visit one of Pikesville’s family-friendly museums like the Baltimore Museum of Industry or the Maryland Zoo. Kids will also love exploring the interactive exhibits at the Maryland Science Center. After a day of sightseeing, refuel with a bite to eat at one of the kid-friendly restaurants in town. From pizza places to ice cream shops, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Pikesville, Maryland
1. Visit the Maryland Zoo: The Maryland Zoo is a great kid-friendly destination in Pikesville. With over 2,000 animals, the zoo offers kids the chance to see a wide variety of wildlife up close.
2. Take a Hike: There are numerous hiking trails located throughout Pikesville. Hiking is a great way for kids to explore the outdoors and get some exercise.
3. Go Fishing: Fishing is a popular activity in Pikesville. There are several lakes and ponds located throughout the city that are perfect for fishing.
4. Play at the Park: Pikesville has several parks that are great for kids to play at. The parks offer a variety of activities such as playgrounds, swimming pools, and basketball courts.
5. Visit the Splash Pad: The Splash Pad is a great place for kids to cool off on a hot day. The Splash Pad is located in the Pikesville Recreation and Parks Department.
6. Attend a Sports Event: Pikesville is home to a variety of sports teams. Attend a game and root for the home team.
7. Go Bowling: Bowling is a great activity for kids of all ages. Pikesville has several bowling alleys that offer kid-friendly programming.
8. Visit the Library: The library is a great place for kids to explore. The Pikesville branch of the Baltimore County Public Library offers a variety of programs and events for kids.
9. See a Movie: Take the kids to see a movie at one of the local theaters. Pikesville has several movie theaters that offer kid-friendly films.
10. Go on a Shopping spree: Pikesville has a variety of shops that are great for kids. Visit the mall or one of the many boutiques and let the kids pick out some new clothes.