Piermont is a charming village nestled on the banks of the Connecticut River in New Hampshire. The quaint downtown is home to unique shops and restaurants, while the surrounding countryside offers endless opportunities for outdoor recreation. The area is also home to a number of kid-friendly attractions, including the Little Green Monster Statue, the Children’s Museum of New Hampshire, and the Zephyr International Wildlife Sanctuary.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Piermont, New Hampshire
1. Journey Through the Ages at the Piermont Historical Society: The Piermont Historical Society is dedicated to preserving the history of the town of Piermont and its people. Visitors can learn about the town’s history through interactive exhibits, archives, and a variety of educational programs.
2. Visit the Pierce House: The Pierce House is a historic house museum that was once the home of Colonel Benjamin Pierce, a Revolutionary War hero. Visitors can tour the house and learn about life in early America.
3. Go for a Hike: Piermont is home to miles of hiking trails that wind through the town’s forests and fields. These trails are perfect for an afternoon nature walk or a longer hike.
4. Play Disc Golf: Piermont is home to a 18-hole disc golf course that is open to the public. This course is a great way to enjoy the outdoors and get some exercise.
5. Play at the Park: Piermont has two parks that are perfect for a day of play. Porter Park has a playground, basketball courts, and a picnic area. George H. Hall Memorial Park has a playground, baseball fields, and a pond.
6. Go Fishing: Piermont is home to many ponds and lakes that are perfect for a day of fishing. Visitors can fish for bass, trout, and other fish. A fishing license is required.
7. paddle down the Cockermouth River: The Cockermouth River is a slow-moving river that is perfect for canoeing and kayaking. Visitors can rent canoes and kayaks from local businesses.
8. Visit the Piermont Library: The Piermont Library is a great place to spend an afternoon. Visitors can browse the library’s collection, use the computers, or participate in one of the library’s many programs.
9. Go for a Bike Ride: Piermont is a great place to go for a bike ride. The town has many scenic roads and trails that are perfect for biking.
10. Take a scenic drive: Piermont is home to many scenic roads and highways that offer beautiful views of the town and the surrounding countryside.