Penitas is a small town in South Texas near the Mexican border. The town is home to a number of family-friendly attractions. The Penitas Municipal Park is a popular spot for picnics and has a playground, basketball courts, and a walking trail. The Rio Grande Valley Wildlife Area is a great place to see a variety of animals in their natural habitat. Visitors can also take a tour of the nearby Butterfly Center or spend a day fishing in one of the many lakes in the area. For a taste of culture, the town is home to the Mexican Folkloric Dance Company and the Valley Symphony Orchestra. There are also a number of annual festivals and events that take place in Penitas, including the Fiesta de Arbol and the Rio Grande Valley Livestock Show.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Penitas, Texas
1. Visit one of the many parks in Penitas. Parks are great places for kids to play and explore.
2. Attend a family-friendly event at the Penitas Municipal Park.
3. splash around and cool off at the Gail Borden Public Library’s water park.
4. Get active at the Penitas Recreation Center. The center has a gym, pool, and playground for kids to enjoy.
5. Go for a family walk or bike ride on one of the many trails in Penitas.
6. Visit the Penitas Butterfly Gardens and learn about different types of butterflies.
7. Feed the ducks at Lopez Lake.
8. Have a picnic lunch at one of the city’s many parks.
9. Go fishing at one of the city’s ponds or lakes.
10. Stop by the Penitas Farmers Market and pick up some fresh fruits and vegetables.