Pelican Lake is a great place to bring the kids! There are plenty of kid-friendly things to do to keep them entertained. The beach is a great place to start, and there are also several parks and playgrounds in the area. If the kids are looking for something more active, there are several hiking and biking trails to explore. For a calmer activity, take a scenic boat ride on the lake. And no visit to Pelican Lake would be complete without a stop at the ice cream shop!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Pelican Lake, Wisconsin
1. Go swimming in Pelican Lake! The lake offers a sandy beach area for swimming, a playground, and plenty of room to relax.
2. Take a boat ride! There are several boat rental companies in Pelican Lake, or you can bring your own boat.
3. Go fishing! Pelican Lake is a great place to catch bass, walleye, and northern pike.
4. Visit the Pelican Lake State Wildlife Area. This is a great place to see wildlife, including bald eagles, osprey, and deer.
5. Play miniature golf. There are several miniature golf courses in Pelican Lake, including one at the Pelican Lake Resort.
6. Go horseback riding. The Black River State Forest offers several miles of horse trails.
7. Visit the Oasis Zoo. The Oasis Zoo is located just outside of Pelican Lake and features exotic animals from all over the world.
8. Take a hike. There are several hiking trails in Pelican Lake, including one that leads to a waterfall.
9. Go biking. Pelican Lake is a great place to go biking, with plenty of trails to explore.
10. Visit the Pelican Lake Museum. The museum features exhibits on the history of Pelican Lake, as well as the area’s natural history.