Paxton is a great place for families with young children. There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep your little ones entertained. The Paxton Recreation Department offers a variety of programs for children of all ages, including sports, arts and crafts, and educational enrichment. There are also several playgrounds and parks in town, perfect for an afternoon of playtime. For a fun and educational outing, visit the Paxton Historical Society Museum, or take a scenic walk or hike along one of the many trails in the area. And of course, no visit to Paxton would be complete without a stop at one of the town’s charming ice cream shops!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Paxton, Massachusetts
1. Visit the butterfly garden at the Hadwen Park Arboretum.
2. Go fishing in one of Paxton’s many ponds.
3. Take a walk or bike ride on the Mass Central Rail Trail.
4. Visit the Tower Hill Botanic Garden.
5. Play 18 holes at the Paxton Country Club.
6. Visit the Holden Arboretum.
7. Take a scenic drive along the Quabbin Reservoir.
8. Visit the Wachusett Mountain State Reservation.
9. explore the historic town of Sturbridge.
10. Visit the Dr. Seuss National Memorial.