Pateros is a small town in Washington with a population of about 700 people. It is located in the Okanogan Valley in north-central Washington and is known for its apple orchards. There are many kid-friendly things to do in Pateros, such as visiting the apple orchards, picking apples, going on a hayride, visiting the Pateros schoolhouse museum, and hiking or biking on the Applecapital Recreation Loop Trail. There are also several parks in Pateros, including Martin Park, which has a playground, basketball court, and picnic tables. Another park, Riverside Park, has a swimming hole and a path along the Columbia River.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Pateros, Washington
1. Go for a scenic hike at the North Cascades National Park.
2. Visit the Methow Valley for some great camping and hiking opportunities.
3. Have a picnic at one of Pateros’s many parks.
4. Check out the local museum for some history on the area.
5. Go fishing at one of the many lakes in the area.
6. Take a scenic drive down the Columbia River Gorge.
7. Visit the Cascade Mountains for some great views.
8. Take a dip in one of the many hot springs in the area.
9. Visit the town of Leavenworth for some Bavarian culture.
10. Head to Spokane for some big city fun.