There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Park River, North Dakota! For the outdoor enthusiasts, there is the Park River Greenway which is a walking and biking path that goes along the river. There is also the Plains Art Museum which has many kid-friendly activities and programs. If you are looking for something a little more unique, the Scandinavian Heritage Park is a great option and has many fun activities for kids of all ages. For the history buffs, the Fort Seward State Historic Site is a great option and is full of kid-friendly activities. There is also the Dakota Zoo which is perfect for a family day out.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Park River, North Dakota
1. Visit the Park River Aquatic Center to cool off on a hot summer day. The center has a pool with a diving board, a water slide, and a kiddie pool.
2. Play a round of mini golf at the Fun-time Family Fun Center.
3. Go for a swim at one of Park River’s three city parks, which all have public pools.
4. City Park also has a playground, a basketball court, and a picnic shelter.
5. nature lovers will enjoy hiking or biking the Turtle River State Park.
6. Spend an afternoon fishing at one of Park River’s many lakes or rivers.
7. Attend a live performance at the Park River Area Arts Council.
8. Get a taste of history at the Park River Heritage Museum.
9. Take a walk or ride your bike on the scenic North Dakota State University campus.
10. Rent a canoe or kayak and explore the Park River on your own.