There’s no shortage of kid-friendly fun to be had in Palmyra, Nebraska! For starters, the city’s parks and recreation department offers a variety of organized sports leagues and activities for kids of all ages. If your children are animal lovers, be sure to check out the Palmyra Zoo, which features more than 100 different species of animals. The city also boasts a number of museums that will appeal to kids, including theChildhood Museum, the Railroad Museum, and the Palmyra Historical Museum. And don’t forget the Palmyra Aquatic Center, which features aoccer, a water park, and a lazy river.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Palmyra, Nebraska
1. Visit the Phelps Wildlife Museum: The Phelps Wildlife Museum is located in Palmyra, Nebraska and is run by the local historical society. The museum has a variety of exhibits on local wildlife, including a section on the federally endangered whooping crane. The museum also has an eclectic collection of taxidermy on display, which is sure to fascinate kids of all ages.
2. Go for a swim at the Palmyra Aquatic Center: The Palmyra Aquatic Center is a great place to take the kids for a swim. The center has a large pool with a waterslide, as well as a kiddie pool for the little ones. There is also a snack bar on site, so you can refuel after a few hours of swimming.
3. Play a round of mini golf at Pirate’s Cove: Pirate’s Cove is a family fun center with a pirate-themed mini golf course. The course is filled with fun obstacles and challenges, and is sure to be a hit with the kids. After mini golf, the kids can burn off some energy in the arcade, or try their hand at one of the many carnival games.
4. Visit the Palmyra Zoo: The Palmyra Zoo is a great place to take the kids for a day of animal encounters. The zoo has a variety of animals on display, including tigers, lions, bears, and reptiles. The zoo also offers a variety of educational programs, so the kids can learn about the animals while they’re having fun.
5. Go for a hike at Ponca State Park: Ponca State Park is located just outside of Palmyra and is a great place to take the family for a day of hiking and picnicking. The park has miles of hiking trails, as well as a playground and a sandy beach on the Missouri River.
6. Take a ride on the Palmyra Railroad: The Palmyra Railroad is a historic steam-powered train that offers rides to the public. The train starts in Palmyra and makes its way through the scenic countryside. The kids will love riding on the vintage train, and you’re sure to enjoy the views.
7. Learn about local history at the Palmyra Historical Museum: The Palmyra Historical Museum is a great place to take the kids to learn about the history of the area. The museum has a variety of exhibits on the Native American cultures that once inhabited the area, as well as the early settlers. The kids will also enjoy seeing the vintage cars and tractors on display.
8. Attend a show at the Palmyra Opera House: The Palmyra Opera House is a historic theater that offers a variety of live performances throughout the year. The theater has a variety of seats, so you’re sure to find a good spot for the kids. The Opera House also offers a variety of educational programs for kids, so they can learn about the history of the theater while they’re enjoying the show.
9. Go for a bike ride on the Palmyra Trail: The Palmyra Trail is a great place to take the kids for a day of biking. The trail is paved and runs for miles, so you can go as far as you want. The trail also has a number of scenic features, including a section that runs along the Missouri River.
10. Have a picnic at the Palmyra City Park: The Palmyra City Park is a great place to take the kids for a day of picnicking. The park has a large playground, as well as a pavilion that can be rented for gatherings. There is also a pond in the park, which is a great place to relax after a meal.