The town of Palmer is located in the scenic Pioneer Valley of Massachusetts. The town is home to many historical and outdoor attractions. Some popular kid-friendly activities in Palmer include visiting the Connecticut River Museum, hiking and picnicking at Flight 93 National Memorial, and playing at the Palmer Municipal Golf Course.
The Connecticut River Museum is located in the historic district of Palmer and features exhibits on the natural and human history of the Connecticut River Valley. The museum is also home to a hands-on discovery center, which is perfect for kids.
The Flight 93 National Memorial is located just outside of Palmer and commemorates the heroic actions of the passengers and crew of United Airlines Flight 93 on September 11, 2001. The memorial features a hiking trail, picnic area, and a visitors center with interactive exhibits.
The Palmer Municipal Golf Course is located in the center of town and offers 18 holes of challenging play. The course is also home to a pro shop and a snack bar.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Palmer, Massachusetts
1. Head over to Bizu Ballroom for a day of family-friendly fun! This indoor playground features a variety of activities for kids of all ages, including an inflatable jump zone, arcade games, and a café.
2. take a dip in Beaver Pond! This serene body of water is perfect for a refreshing swim on a hot summer day.
3. Visit Look Park! This scenic public park features hiking trails, a playground, a pond, and plenty of open space to run around.
4. Check out the Stanley totally free public library! This charming library offers a variety of books, comics, and movies for kids to enjoy.
5. Have a blast at Capone’s Family Fun Center! This indoor entertainment complex features go-karts, laser tag, arcade games, and more.
6. Learn about the area’s history at the Palmer Historical Museum. This museum is packed with interesting artifacts and displays about the town’s past.
7. Get your adrenaline pumping at Airorg Airsoft. This exciting Airsoft arena offers a variety of challenging games for players of all skill levels.
8.Stretch your legs at Westfield River Walking Trails. These beautiful trails wind through woods and wetlands, and offer stunning views of the river.
9.Take a ride on the Palmer Railroad! This historic train offers seasonal rides through the scenic forests of western Massachusetts.
10.Satisfy your sweet tooth atCandy Land Confections. This local candy shop specializes in old-fashioned sweets, and also offers ice cream, milkshakes, and sundaes.