Palacios is a great place to bring your kids! There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep them entertained. The Palacios Library offers weekly story times and various other programs for kids. The city also has two parks, Memorial Park and Riverside Park, both of which have playgrounds,Picnic tables, and grills. In Memorial Park, there is also a walking trail, basketball courts, and a splash pad. Riverside Park also has a pond which is great for fishing. If you’re looking for something to do indoors with your kids, head over to Clute’s Fun Zone, an indoor inflatable play center.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Palacios, Texas
1. Visit the Bay Street Park and Fishing Pier for a great view of the harbor and to try your hand at fishing.
2. Go for a swim at Mud Lake Park, where you can also enjoy picnicking, canoeing, and hiking.
3. Take a tour of the Historic Mallet Ranch, a working cattle ranch that has been in operation since 1854.
4. Visit the Palacios Butterfly Gardens, where you can learn about the lifecycle of butterflies and see them up close.
5. Play a round of miniature golf at Weems Park, or go for a outing in the city’s first ever disc golf course.
6. Visit the Matagorda County Museum to learn about the history and culture of the area.
7. Attend a performance at the Palacios Performing Arts Center, which hosts a variety of events throughout the year.
8. Go for a scenic walk or bike ride along the Oyster Reef Nature Trail.
9. Enjoy a picnic lunch at Riverside Park, where you can also go for a swim, fish from the pier, or play on the playground.
10. Take a leisurely stroll through the Pegasus Park and Garden, where you can see Pegasus sculptures and a beautiful array of flowers.