There are many kid friendly things to do in Painted Post, New York. The community is home to a variety of kid-centric businesses and attractions, making it a great place to raise a family. Some of the most popular kid friendly activities in Painted Post include visiting the Finger Lakes National Forest, playing at the Painted Post Community Center, and going for a swim at the YMCA. There are also a number of museums and historical sites in Painted Post that are great for kids, such as the Cornell Museum of Glass and the Painted Post History Center. With so much to do, Painted Post is a great place to call home for families with kids of all ages.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Painted Post, New York
1. Visit the Stewart Park and Rose Garden – Stewart Park is a beautiful public park that features a rose garden, walking trails, and a playground. The park is perfect for a family picnic or a leisurely stroll.
2.Explore the Ganondagan State Historic Site – The Ganondagan State Historic Site is a former Seneca Indian village that was destroyed by the French in 1687. Today, the site features a museum, nature trails, and a replica longhouse.
3.Visit the Corning Museum of Glass – The Corning Museum of Glass is a must-see for any family visiting Painted Post. The museum features a wide variety of glass artwork, as well as live glass-blowing demonstrations.
4. Catch a minor league baseball game at Food Bank Stadium – The food Bank Stadium is home to the Tri-City ValleyCats, a minor league baseball team affiliated with the Houston Astros. Catch a game during the summer months and enjoy some delicious concessions.
5. Attend a performance at the Clemens Center – The Clemens Center is a performing arts center that features a variety of concerts, plays, and other live performances. Check the schedule in advance to see what’s playing during your visit.
6. Visit the Glen Edith Coffee Roasters – Glen Edith Coffee Roasters is a local coffee shop that is perfect for families. The shop roasts its own coffee beans and offers a variety of freshly brewed coffees and teas.
7. Stroll through the Verona Beach State Park – The Verona Beach State Park is a beautiful state park that features a sandy beach, hiking trails, and a playground. The park is perfect for a day of family fun.
8. Visit the Finger Lakes Wine Country – The Finger Lakes Wine Country is a short drive from Painted Post and is home to over 100 wineries. Enjoy a day of wine tastings and tours at one of the many wineries in the area.
9. Play a round of golf at the Mark Twain Golf Course – The Mark Twain Golf Course is a 18-hole public golf course that is perfect for a family outing. The course features a pro shop, a driving range, and a putting green.
10. Spend a day at the Finger Lakes Gaming and Racetrack – The Finger Lakes Gaming and Racetrack is a horse racing track that also features a casino, restaurant, and bar. Catch a live horse race or try your luck at the casino.