10 fun & kid-friendly things to do in Oviedo Florida
1. Visit the Oviedo History Museum- The Oviedo History Museum is a great place to learn about the history of Oviedo and see some interesting artifacts.
2. Take a walk or ride a bike through the scenic Little Big Econ State Forest- The Little Big Econ State Forest is a great place to get some exercise and enjoy the scenery.
3. Go fishing at Lake Jesup- Lake Jesup is a great place to fish for bass, bream, and catfish.
4. Play at the Oviedo Recreation and Parks Department playgrounds- The Oviedo Recreation and Parks Department has several playgrounds where kids can play.
5. Swim at one of the many Oviedo pools- Oviedo has several pools where you can cool off on a hot day.
6. Watch a movie at the drive-in theater- The drive-in theater is a great place to watch a movie with the family.
7. Enjoy a game of miniature golf- Miniature golf is a great way to spend some time with the family.
8. Visit the Oviedo Farmers Market- The Oviedo Farmers Market is a great place to get fresh fruits and vegetables.
9. Go on a nature hike at the Black Hammock Preserve- The Black Hammock Preserve is a great place to go on a nature hike.
10. Take a scenic drive down the Old Spanish Trail- The Old Spanish Trail is a great place to take a scenic drive.
1. What Is The History Of Oviedo?
The City of Oviedo is located in Seminole County, Florida, United States. The city is part of the Orlando–Kissimmee–Sanford Metropolitan Statistical Area. As of the 2010 census, the population was 33,342.
Oviedo Is Known For Its Quaint Downtown Area, Which Is Home To A Variety Of Shops And Restaurants. The Downtown Area Is Also Home To The Oviedo Farmer’S Market, Which Takes Place Every Saturday From 8:00Am To 1:00Pm.
Oviedo was founded in 1865 by Ingvar Ingvarsson, a Swedish immigrant. The city was originally named after the city of Oviedo in Asturias, Spain.
2. What Are The Demographics Of Oviedo?
As of the 2010 census, the population of Oviedo was 33,342. The racial makeup of the city was 82.4% White, 7.8% African American, 0.4% Native American, 2.8% Asian, 0.1% Pacific Islander, 3.0% from other races, and 3.7% from two or more races.
Hispanic Or Latino Of Any Race Were 11.7% Of The Population.
The median income for a household in the city was $68,439, and the median income for a family was $75,859.
3. What Are The Top Things To Do In Oviedo?
Some of the top things to do in Oviedo include exploring the downtown area, visiting the Oviedo Farmer’s Market, and exploring the city’s parks and trails.
4. What Are The Best Restaurants In Oviedo?
Some of the best restaurants in Oviedo include The Townhouse Restaurant, The Frog and Monkey Pub, and La Hacienda Real.
5. What Are The Best Hotels In Oviedo?
Some of the best hotels in Oviedo include the Residence Inn by Marriott Orlando Oviedo, the Hampton Inn Orlando/East-UCF Area, and the Best Western Oviedo Hotel.
6. What Are The Best Shopping Options In Oviedo?
Some of the best shopping options in Oviedo include the Oviedo Marketplace, the Oviedo Mall, and the Park Avenue Shops.
7. What Are The Best Nightlife Options In Oviedo?
Some of the best nightlife options in Oviedo include the Brewlando Taproom, the Courtesy Bar, and the Staghorn Bar & Grill.
8. What Are The Best Things To Do For Families In Oviedo?
Some of the best things to do for families in Oviedo include visiting the Central Florida Zoo, the Gemini Springs Park, and the Oviedo Aquatic Center.
9. What Are The Best Things To Do For Couples In Oviedo?
Some of the best things to do for couples in Oviedo include exploring the downtown area, visiting the Oviedo Farmer’s Market, and taking a walk or bike ride through the city’s parks and trails.
10. What Are The Best Things To Do For Groups In Oviedo?
Some of the best things to do for groups in Oviedo include visiting the Oviedo Brewing Company, taking a Segway tour of the city, and playing a round of golf at the Oviedo Golf Club.