There’s plenty for families to do in Oulu, Finland. Take the kids to Tervasaari Island, where they can explore the ruins of an old fortress. Then, visit the Science Centre Tietomaa, where they can learn all about the northern lights, climate change, and the ecosystem of Oulu. In the summer, go for a swim at Ranua Zoo, or cool off at Nallikari Beach. And, don’t forget to check out the world’s largest ice hotel at the SnowCastle of Kemi.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Oulu, Finland
1. Visit the Science Centre Pilke – This is a great place for kids to learn about science and nature. There are interactive exhibits on a variety of topics, including the Northern Lights, the Aurora Borealis, and Finnish wildlife.
2. Take a walk through the Oulu Botanical Gardens – The gardens feature a variety of plant life, including trees, shrubs, and flowers. There is also a pond with ducks and other waterfowl.
3. Stop by the Oulu Zoo – The zoo is home to a variety of animals, including tigers, lions, and bears. There are also many smaller animals, such as reptiles, birds, and rodents.
4. Visit the Oulu Museum of Art – The museum features a variety of artwork, including paintings, sculptures, and photographs. There is also a section on Finnish history and culture.
5. Go for a swim at the swimming pool – The pool is located in the city centre and is a great place to cool off on a hot day. There are also saunas and a water slide.
6. Play at the playground – There are many playgrounds located throughout the city. They are a great place for kids to burn off some energy.
7. Take a ride on the Oulu City Tram – The tram runs through the city centre and is a great way to see the sights. There is also a tour available.
8. Visit the Oulu Market Hall – The market hall is a great place to find fresh produce, meats, and cheeses. There are also many craft stalls.
9. Visit the Oulu Cathedral – The cathedral is a beautiful place to visit. It is located in the city centre and is open to the public.
10. Take a walk through the park – There are many parks located throughout the city. They are a great place to take a break from the hustle and bustle of the city.