Ottawa is a great place for kids of all ages! There are plenty of kid-friendly attractions and activities to keep them entertained. For the younger crowd, the Prairie Meadows Splash Pad is a great place to cool off on a hot summer day. The older kids will enjoy exploring the nearby Riverside Park, where they can hike and explore the many trails. They can also burn off some energy at the playground or on the basketball court. After a long day of playing, everyone can refuel at one of the many family-friendly restaurants in town. There are also several movie theaters and shopping centers for a fun day out. With so much to do, Ottawa is the perfect place for a family vacation!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Ottawa, Kansas
1. Take a walk or ride a bike on the Olson- Chapin Trail.
This is a two-mile, asphalt-surfaced trail that wanders through prairie and farmland east of Ottawa.
2. Visit the Richardson Adventure Farm and Corn Maze.
This is a 10-acre corn maze with over three miles of trails. There is also a pumpkin patch, hayrides, and a petting zoo.
3. Attend a Ottawa Boots and BBQ Festival.
This festival features live music, barbecue competitions, and a kids’ zone with face painting and bounce houses.
4. Trick-or-treat at the annual Halloween Festival.
This festival features trick-or-treating, a costume contest, hayrides, and a pumpkin patch.
5. Spend a day at the Ottawa Municipal Pool.
The pool has a zero-depth entry, a water slide, and a splash pad.
6. Go fishing at the Ottawa City Lake.
The lake is stocked with bass, catfish, and sunfish.
7. Play at the B.J. Watkins Memorial Park.
The park has a playground, a splash pad, and a basketball court.
8. Take a nature hike at the MacLaren Park Arboretum.
This arboretum has over two miles of trails and is home to over 200 species of trees and plants.
9. Visit the Franklin County Historical Museum.
The museum has exhibits on the history of Ottawa and Franklin County.
10. Attend a live performance at the Ottawa Little Theatre.
The theatre produces six shows each season, ranging from comedies to musicals.