There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Orhei, Moldova. For starters, you can explore the Orheiul Vechi archaeological site. This site is full of ancient ruins and artifacts that your kids will love to explore. You can also visit the Orheiul Vechi Monastery, which is a beautiful and historic monastery that your kids will love to explore. If your kids are into hiking and nature, there are plenty of trails in the area that they can explore. And, of course, no trip to Orhei would be complete without a visit to the Orheiul Vechi Waterfalls. These waterfalls are beautiful and your kids will love playing in the water.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Orhei, Moldova
1. Orheiul Vechi: This is an archaeological site that includes a Medieval cave monastery. The monastery was cut into the rock of a hill and is a beautiful example of early Moldovan architecture. Kids will love exploring the caves and the monastery complex.
2. Orheiul Vechi Museum: This museum is located on the site of the Orheiul Vechi archaeological site. The museum has exhibits on the history and culture of Moldova and Orheiul Vechi. Kids will learn about the people who lived in this area during the Middle Ages and see some of the artifacts that have been found at the site.
3. Orheiul Vechi Nature Reserve: This nature reserve is located near the Orheiul Vechi archaeological site. The reserve is home to a variety of plants and animals, including many rare and endangered species. Kids will love exploring the trails and spotting the wildlife.
4. Cricova Winery: This winery is located in the town of Cricova, just outside Orhei. The winery offers tours and tastings of their wines. Kids will enjoy learning about the winemaking process and trying some of the delicious wines.
5. Cricova Underground City: This city is located in the Cricova Winery. The city is a network of tunnels and caves that were created by the mining of limestone. Kids will love exploring the tunnels and caves and learning about the history of the city.
6. Tipova Monastery: This monastery is located in the village of Tipova, just outside Orhei. The monastery is set in a beautiful location on the banks of the Nistru River. Kids will enjoy exploring the monastery complex and learning about the history of the monastery.
7. Chisinau Zoo: This zoo is located in the capital city of Chisinau. The zoo has a variety of animals, including many rare and endangered species. Kids will love seeing the animals and learning about their habitats and diets.
8. National Museum of Fine Arts: This museum is located in Chisinau. The museum has a collection of Moldovan and international art. Kids will enjoy seeing the paintings, sculptures, and other works of art.
9. National History Museum: This museum is also located in Chisinau. The museum has exhibits on the history of Moldova from ancient times to the present day. Kids will learn about the people, culture, and events that have shaped Moldova.
10. Dendrarium Park: This park is located in Chisinau. The park has a large collection of trees and plants, as well as a variety of birds and animals. Kids will love exploring the park and spotting the wildlife.