There are many kid friendly things to do in Orford, New Hampshire. One option is to go to the Orford Village Store and Creamery. The store has a wide variety of items for sale, as well as an ice cream parlor. The creamery is a great place to get ice cream, as well as other dairy products. Another option is to go to the Orford Social Library. The library has a wide variety of books, as well as a play area for children. The library also has a number of events and programs for children.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Orford, New Hampshire
1. hike Mount Tripyramid- Mt. Tripyramid is a hiker’s paradise, offering beautiful views of the surrounding countryside. There are four different trails to the summit, each with its own challenges and rewards.
2. fish in the Ossipee River- The Ossipee River is a great place to fish for trout, bass, and other freshwater fish. The river is also home to otters, beavers, and other wildlife, making it a great place to explore.
3. take a scenic drive on the Kancamagus Highway- The Kancamagus Highway is a beautiful stretch of road that winds through the White Mountains. Along the way, you’ll see stunning views of the mountains, forests, and rivers.
4. explore the town of Conway- Conway is a quaint New England town with a lot to offer visitors. Stroll down Main Street, visit one of the many antique shops, or simply enjoy the peaceful atmosphere.
5. visit the Castle in the Clouds- The Castle in the Clouds is a stunning French-style mansion that was built in 1914. Today, the castle is open for tours, and visitors can explore the grounds and gardens.
6. hike to the top of Mt. Washington- At 6,288 feet, Mt. Washington is the highest peak in the northeastern United States. The hike to the top is strenuous, but the views are worth it.
7. take a scenic train ride on the Conway Scenic Railroad- The Conway Scenic Railroad offers a variety of scenic train rides through the White Mountains. Sit back, relax, and take in the beautiful scenery.
8. visit the historic town of Wolfeboro- Wolfeboro is the oldest town in New Hampshire and is full of historic charm. Stroll down Main Street, visit the Wright Museum, or explore one of the many parks.
9. go for a swim at Ellacoya State Park- Ellacoya State Park is a beautiful sandy beach on Lake Winnipesaukee. Go for a swim, build a sandcastle, or simply relax in the sun.
10. explore the Squam Lakes Natural Science Center- The Squam Lakes Natural Science Center is a great place to learn about the natural history of the area. Take a hike on one of the many trails, go canoeing or kayaking, or attend one of the many programs offered.