There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Oreland, Pennsylvania. For the outdoorsy family, take a hike through one of the many trails or go fishing in one of the many lakes. Visit one of the many farms in the area or go apple picking at a local orchard. Oreland is also home to a few museums, including the Mercer Museum and the Glencairn Museum, both of which are great for kids. There are also several kid friendly attractions in the nearby city of Philadelphia, including the Please Touch Museum, the Philadelphia Zoo, and the Penn Museum.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Oreland, Pennsylvania
1. Take a hike through Tyler State Park: Tyler State Park is a beautiful place to explore with nature trails, a scenic lake, and plenty of opportunities to see wildlife.
2. Visit the Glencairn Museum: The Glencairn Museum is a great place to learn about the history of Oreland and see some amazing pieces of art and ancient artifacts.
3. Go fishing at Peace Valley Park: Peace Valley Park is a great place to relax and try your hand at fishing. You can also rent a kayak or canoe and explore the lake.
4. Play mini golf at Freddy Hill Farms: Freddy Hill Farms is a fun place to play mini golf with your family and friends. They also have an ice cream shop on site.
5. Visit the Elmwood Park Zoo: The Elmwood Park Zoo is a great place to see animals from all over the world. They also have a playground and a petting zoo.
6. Have a picnic at Wissahickon Valley Park: Wissahickon Valley Park is a beautiful place to have a picnic. You can also hike, bike, or horseback ride through the park.
7. Go horseback riding at Fox Chase Farm: Fox Chase Farm is a great place to go horseback riding. They also offer hayrides and pony rides for kids.
8. Play in the sprayground at Curtis Arboretum: The Curtis Arboretum has a great sprayground where kids can cool off on hot days. They also have a playground and plenty of walking trails.
9. See a movie at the Rydal Park Theatre: The Rydal Park Theatre is a great place to see a movie. They offer family-friendly films as well as new releases.
10. Get ice cream at the Franklin Fountain: The Franklin Fountain is a great place to get ice cream. They have a wide variety of flavors and toppings to choose from.