Oostburg, Wisconsin, is a great place for families with young children. There are many kid-friendly activities to do in the area, including the Sheboygan Children’s Museum, the Elkhart Lake Children’s Zoo, and the Maywood Environmental Park. Families can also enjoy the many parks and playgrounds in the area, as well as the numerous public beaches on Lake Michigan. In addition, Oostburg is home to a number of family-friendly restaurants and cafes, as well as a variety of shops catering to children and families.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Oostburg, Wisconsin
1. Visit the tug boat museum: The Wisconsin Maritime Museum in Manitowoc is home to the largest collection of tug boats in the United States. Visitors can take a tour of the museum and see the boats up close.
2. Go to the farmers market: The farmers market in Oostburg is open every Saturday from May through October. Shop for fresh produce, homemade goods, and more.
3. Visit the parks: Oostburg has several parks that are perfect for a day of picnicking, hiking, or playground time.
4. Go fishing: The Sheboygan River is a great spot for fishing. You can also fish in one of the many lakes in the area.
5. Visit a winery:There are several wineries in the Oostburg area that offer tours and tastings. Learn about the wine-making process and taste some of the local wines.
6. Take a scenic drive: The scenic drives in the area offer beautiful views of the countryside. Stop at one of the many lookout points to take in the scenery.
7. Attend a festival: Oostburg is home to several festivals throughout the year, including the Summerfest Music Festival and the Cheese curd Festival.
8. Go golfing: There are several golf courses in the area, including the Sheboygan Falls Country Club.
9. Visit a museum: The John Michael Kohler Arts Center is a great place to learn about the arts. The Sheboygan County Museum is also worth a visit.
10. Go on a bike ride: The Oostburg area is home to several biking trails. Explore the area on two wheels and take in the scenery.