Onomichi is a charming seaside town in the Hiroshima prefecture of Japan. The town is famed for its network of quaint stone paths that lead up to the scenic Mt. Misen. These paths, known as the stone staircase of Onomichi, are a popular spot for strolling and taking in the town’s atmosphere. Other kid-friendly attractions in Onomichi include the friendly cats that can often be found napping in the sun, the Onomichi Children’s Museum, and the Momijidani Park. Momijidani Park is especially beautiful in the fall when the leaves of the maples turn a bright red.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Onomichi, Japan
1. Walk or cycle along the Shimanami Kaido.
2. Climb Mt. Misen.
3. Visit the Senko-ji temple complex.
4. Take the Kurobe Gorge Railway.
5. Visit the Itsukushima Shrine.
6. Go to the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park.
7. Take a cruise on the Seto Inland Sea.
8. Visit the Akiyoshidai Karst Plateau.
9. Visit the Tomonoura Port.
10. Hike in the Mt. Haku-san National Park.