Onalaska is a great place for kids of all ages!There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep them busy, including the Onalaska Community Park and Pool, the Onalaska Public Library, and the Onalaska Zoo. For the older kids, there’s also the Onalaska Skate Park and the Onalaska High School Sports Complex. And of course, no visit to Onalaska would be complete without a stop at one of the city’s many great restaurants, like Joe’s Pizza or the Onalaska Diner.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Onalaska, Texas
1. Take a look at the animals at the Onalaska Animal Sanctuary! The Onalaska Animal Sanctuary is a non-profit organization that is dedicated to rescuing, rehabilitating, and rehoming farm animals. They offer tours of their sanctuary so you can meet the animals and learn about their stories.
2. Visit the Onalaska Public Library! The Onalaska Public Library offers a variety of programs and activities for children, including story times, crafts, and movie showings.
3. Go for a swim at the Onalaska Aquatic Center! The Onalaska Aquatic Center has a heated pool, a diving board, a splash pad, and a water slide. There is also a concession stand so you can grab a bite to eat after your swim.
4. Play at one of the city’s parks! Onalaska has several parks that offer playground equipment, picnic tables, walking trails, and more.
5. Drive out to the Onalaska Country Club! The Onalaska Country Club is a private club that offers a 18-hole golf course, a swimming pool, tennis courts, and a clubhouse. Non-members can play golf on the course for a fee.
6. Check out the wares at the Onalaska Farmer’s Market! The Onalaska Farmer’s Market is open every Saturday morning from 8am to noon. You’ll find fresh produce, baked goods, local honey, and more.
7. Treat yourself to some ice cream at the Blue Bonnet Dairy Barn! The Blue Bonnet Dairy Barn is a local ice cream shop that has a wide variety of flavors to choose from. They also offer milkshakes, sundaes, and ice cream cakes.
8. Go explore the Antique Capital of Texas! Onalaska is known as the Antique Capital of Texas and there are several antique shops in town. You’ll find furniture, glassware, pottery, and more.
9. See a movie at the Big Wheel Drive-In! The Big Wheel Drive-In is a vintage drive-in movie theater that shows double features on Friday and Saturday nights. You can listen to the movie audio on your car radio or bring along a portable radio.
10. Visit the Onalaska Heritage Museum! The Onalaska Heritage Museum is housed in an old church building and it features exhibits on the history of Onalaska, the lumber industry, and the local firefighters.