Olinda is a kid-friendly city in Brazil with tons of things to do! The city has a beautiful colonial center that is perfect for exploring with kids. There are also plenty of parks and playgrounds to keep kids entertained. For a more cultural experience, kids can enjoy the many museums and art galleries in Olinda. And of course, no trip to Brazil would be complete without spending some time on the beach! Olinda has several beaches that are perfect for families with kids.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Olinda, Brazil
1. Visit the Itaguassu Falls – The Itaguassu Falls are one of Brazil’s most popular tourist attractions. Located just outside of Olinda, the falls offer a variety of activities for visitors of all ages. There are several hiking trails that lead to different vantage points, allowing visitors to get up close and personal with the cascading waters. There are also boat tours available that take visitors on a journey through the falls. And for those looking for a more relaxi ng experience, there are plenty of picnic areas and swimming holes to enjoy.
2. Take a walk through the Historic Centre of Olinda – Olinda’s Historic Centre is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the most popular tourist destinations in Brazil. The area is home to a variety of colonial-era buildings, including the Cathedral of Olinda, the Igreja de São Francisco de Assis, and the Museu do Recôncavo. The Historic Centre is also home to a number of cultural festivals and events throughout the year, making it a great place to experience the local culture.
3. Visit the Museu da Piedade – The Museu da Piedade is one of Olinda’s most popular tourist attractions. Housed in a former convent, the museum features a collection of religious artifacts, paintings, and sculptures. The museum also offers a variety of educational programs and events, making it a great place to learn about the history and culture of Olinda.
4. Go for a swim at Praia da Tupi – Praia da Tupi is one of Olinda’s most popular beaches. The beach is located just a short walk from the Historic Centre and features a wide variety of amenities, including showers, toilets, and a food court. The beach is also a great place to take a swim, relax in the sun, or take a walk along the scenic coastal path.
5. Visit the Parque das Laranjeiras – The Parque das Laranjeiras is one of Olinda’s most popular tourist destinations. The park is home to a variety of fruit trees, including orange, lemon, and lime trees. The park also features a playground, a hiking trail, and a number of picnic areas.
6. Take a walk through the Parque da Concordia – The Parque da Concordia is one of Olinda’s largest parks. The park features a number of different attractions, including a playground, a basketball court, a soccer field, and a number of hiking trails. The park is also a great place to relax, take in the scenery, and watch the sunset.
7. Explore the Cascatas do Parque Natural da Serra do Lajedo – The Cascatas do Parque Natural da Serra do Lajedo is a system of cascading waterfalls located just outside of Olinda. The waterfalls are accessible via a number of different hiking trails and offer a variety of different vantage points. The Cascatas do Parque Natural da Serra do Lajedo is a great place to enjoy the outdoors, take in the scenery, and cool off on a hot day.
8. Visit the Museu do Trem – The Museu do Trem is a museum dedicated to the history of the Brazilian railway system. The museum features a variety of exhibits on the history of the railway, including a replica of the first steam engine to operate in Brazil. The museum also offers a number of educational programs and events, making it a great place to learn about the history of the Brazilian railway.
9. Take a ride on the Olinda Cable Car – The Olinda Cable Car is a popular tourist attraction located just outside of Olinda. The cable car takes visitors on a 10-minute ride to the top of the hill, providing spectacular views of the city. The Olinda Cable Car is a great way to take in the scenery and get a bird’s eye view of Olinda.
10. Visit the Casa da Cultura – The Casa da Cultura is a cultural center located in the Historic Centre of Olinda. The Casa da Cultura features a number of different exhibits on the history and culture of Olinda. The Casa da Cultura also offers a variety of cultural events and workshops, making it a great place to experience the local culture.