Olathe, Kansas is a great place to raise a family. The city has a variety of kid friendly activities to keep your little ones busy. The Mahaffie Stagecoach Stop & Farm is a great place to take the kids for a day of farm fun. They can milk a cow, gather eggs, and even take a hayride. Discovery Playtown is another great option for kids. They can explore a miniature town, complete with a post office, grocery store, and more. And, if the weather is nice, you can take the kids to one of Olathe’s many parks. Waterhole Park has a splash pad, while Heritage Park has a playground, fishing pond, and walking trails. Whatever you choose to do, your kids are sure to have a blast in Olathe, Kansas.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Olathe, Kansas
1. Kids can explore the Mahaffie Stagecoach Stop & Farm Historic Site. The site includes a working blacksmith shop, stagecoach rides, and pioneer farmstead.
2. The Kansas City Zoo is a great place for kids to see all sorts of animals.
3. Children will enjoy the Deanna Rose Children’s Farmstead, where they can milk a cow, pet animals, and learn about farm life.
4. The Olathe Public Library offers story times and other programs for kids.
5. Kids can burn off some energy at one of Olathe’s many parks, such as Black Bob Park, which has a playground, walking trails, and a fishing pond.
6. The Kansas City Renaissance Festival is a great place for kids to dress up in costumes, enjoy some Renaissance-themed entertainment, and eat turkey legs.
7. The Edgerton Explorit Center is a hands-on museum where kids can learn about science, math, and technology.
8. The Kansas Aviation Museum is another great place for kids to learn, with over 50 aircraft on display.
9. Kids will love getting ice cream at one of Olathe’s many ice cream shops, such as Fancy Freez.
10. Finally, the Mahaffie Heritage Center offers a variety of educational programs for kids, such as wagon rides, churning butter, and learning about pioneer life.