Ogunquit, Maine is a wonderful place to visit with kids. There are so many fun things to do, both indoors and outdoors. A few of our favorite kid-friendly activities include exploring the Ogunquit Museum of American Art, going for a swim at one of the town beaches, or hiking up Mt. Agamenticus. Of course, no trip to Ogunquit would be complete without grabbing a bite at one of the local seafood restaurants!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Ogunquit, Maine
1. Visit the Ogunquit Museum of American Art: The Ogunquit Museum of American Art is the perfect place to take the kids for a day of learning and fun. The museum features a variety of American art, both contemporary and historic, and offers a variety of educational programs for kids.
2. explOore the Marginal Way: The Marginal Way is a beautiful 1.25 mile long pedestrian trail that winds its way along the coast of Ogunquit. The trail is perfect for a leisurely stroll or a more vigorous hike, and the kids will love exploring all the nooks and crannies along the way.
3. Learn about Ogunquit’s history at the Ogunquit Heritage Museum: The Ogunquit Heritage Museum is the perfect place to take the kids to learn about the fascinating history of this seaside town. The museum features a variety of exhibits on the town’s early settlers, the local shipbuilding industry, and more.
4. Spend a day at the beach: Ogunquit is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in Maine, and the kids will love spending a day playing in the sand and surf. Be sure to stop by Perkins Cove to see the lobster boats and watch the waves crash against the breakwater.
5. Go for a whale watch: A whale watch is a must-do activity when visiting Ogunquit. Kids will love getting up close and personal with these amazing creatures, and you may even spot a few other marine creatures along the way.
6. Visit the Ogunquit Playhouse: The Ogunquit Playhouse is a historic theater that hosts a variety of live performances throughout the year. Kids will enjoy seeing a live show, and there is also a variety of other activities to keep them entertained at the playhouse.
7. Take a walk on the Ogunquit Beach Walk: The Ogunquit Beach Walk is a beautiful 2.5 mile long boardwalk that runs along the length of Ogunquit Beach. The walk is perfect for a leisurely stroll or a more vigorous hike, and the kids will love exploring all the nooks and crannies along the way.
8. Ride the Ogunquit Trolley: The Ogunquit Trolley is a great way to see the sights of Ogunquit. Kids will love riding on the trolley, and you can hop on and off at any of the stops along the way.
9.Explore the Ogunquit River: The Ogunquit River is a beautiful spot for a leisurely paddle or a more strenuous kayak trip. Kids will love exploring all the different nooks and crannies of the river, and you may even spot some wildlife along the way.
10. Visit the Ogunquit Arts Collaborative: The Ogunquit Arts Collaborative is the perfect place to take the kids for a day of creativity and fun. The Collaborative offers a variety of art classes and workshops for kids, and the whole family can explore the many different art galleries on site.