10 fun & kid-friendly things to do in Ocoee Florida
1. Visit the Harry P. Leu Gardens – The Harry P. Leu Gardens are 50 acres of pristine gardens in the heart of Orlando. Visitors can stroll through the tranquil gardens, relax on the scenic lawn, or take a boat ride on the peaceful lakes.
2. Visit the Orlando Science Center – The Orlando Science Center is a hands-on museum where kids can learn about science, technology, engineering, and math. The center has dozens of exhibits and activities, as well as a planetarium and an IMAX theater.
3. Take a Walk on the Wild Side at the Central Florida Zoo – The Central Florida Zoo is a 110-acre zoo that is home to more than 500 animals. Visitors can see animals from all over the world, including lions, tigers, giraffes, and rhinos.
4. Play at the Orlando Watersports Complex – The Orlando Watersports Complex is a water park with a difference. In addition to traditional water slides, the park has a wakeboarding cable park, a surfing pool, and a cliff-jumping tower.
5. Give Back at the Give Kids the World Village – The Give Kids the World Village is a nonprofit resort where children with life-threatening illnesses and their families can stay free of charge. Visitors can donate their time or money to help make a wish come true for a child.
6. Visit the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World – The Magic Kingdom is the most popular theme park at Walt Disney World. Visitors can see classic attractions like the Haunted Mansion and It’s a Small World, or take a spin on the newest rides like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.
7.Explore the Animal Kingdom at Walt Disney World – The Animal Kingdom is a theme park dedicated to the animal kingdom. Visitors can take a safari through the African savanna, meet baby animals at the jungle nursery, or cool off at the water park.
8. Get an Adrenaline Rush at Universal Studios – Universal Studios is a theme park with rides, shows, and attractions based on popular movies and television shows. Visitors can experience the thrill of the roller coasters or meet their favorite characters from the movies.
9. Take a Journey Through Space at the Kennedy Space Center – The Kennedy Space Center is a NASA facility where visitors can learn about the US space program. Guests can take a bus tour of the launch pads, see a rocket launch, or visit the space shuttle Atlantis.
1. What Is Ocoee Florida Known For?
Ocoee is known for being the site of one of the worst mass murders in American history, known as the Ocoee massacre. It is also known for being the home of the West Orange Trail, a 22-mile long paved trail used for biking, walking, and Rollerblading.
2. What Is The Population Of Ocoee Florida?
The population of Ocoee is around 35,000.
3. What Is The Median Income In Ocoee Florida?
The median income in Ocoee is around $50,000.
4. What Is The Cost Of Living In Ocoee Florida?
The cost of living in Ocoee is relatively affordable. The median home price is around $180,000 and the median rent price is around $1,200.
5. What Is The Crime Rate In Ocoee Florida?
The crime rate in Ocoee is relatively low. The chance of becoming a victim of crime in the city is 1 in 17.
6. What Is The Average Temperature In Ocoee Florida?
The average temperature in Ocoee is around 70 degrees.
7. What Is The Average Rainfall In Ocoee Florida?
The average rainfall in Ocoee is around 50 inches.
8. What Is The Air Quality In Ocoee Florida?
The air quality in Ocoee is generally good. However, there are days when the air quality is unhealthy for sensitive groups.
9. What Is The Job Market Like In Ocoee Florida?
The job market in Ocoee is fairly good. The unemployment rate is around 4%, which is lower than the national average.
10. What Are The Schools Like In Ocoee Florida?
The schools in Ocoee are generally good. However, there are some schools that are better than others.