Ocean View, Delaware, is a great place for both kids and adults to enjoy the summer. There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep the little ones entertained, as well as some more grown-up activities for the adults.
The beach is always a popular spot for families. Kids can build sandcastles, splash in the waves, andHunt for shells. There are also several parks in Ocean View that are perfect for a picnic lunch or an afternoon of playing on the playground.
If you’re looking for something a little more low-key, the town’s farmer’s market is a great place to stroll and sample local fruits and vegetables. And, of course, no trip to the beach would be complete without some ice cream from one of the many local shops!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Ocean View, Delaware
1. Go to the Beach- Ocean View is known for its beautiful beaches. There are several public beaches in the area that are perfect for a day of swimming, sunbathing, and sandcastle building.
2. Visit the Boardwalk- TheBoardwalk at Delaware Seashore State Park is a must-see. It features a half-mile of wooden walkway that winds through the dunes and provides stunning views of the Atlantic Ocean.
3. Take a Hike- There are several hiking trails in and around Ocean View. One of the most popular is the 3-mile round trip hike to the observation tower at Cape Henlopen State Park.
4. Go Fishing- The waters off the coast of Ocean View are home to many different species of fish. There are several charter boats that offer half-day or full-day fishing trips.
5. Attend a Festive Event- Ocean View is home to several annual festivals and events, including the Seafood Festival, the Christmas in July celebration, and the Fourth of July fireworks show.
6. Play Mini Golf- There are two 18-hole mini golf courses in Ocean View, one in town and one at the Boardwalk. They are both great fun for the whole family.
7. Go Bowling- Ocean View Bowling Center is a great place to spend an afternoon or evening. It features 16 lanes, a snack bar, and a game room.
8. Visit a Lighthouse- The Cape Henlopen Lighthouse is a short drive from Ocean View. It is open to the public for tours and has stunning views of the Delaware Bay.
9. Ride the Roller Coaster- Jungle Jim’s Adventure World, located just a few minutes from Ocean View, is a great place for kids of all ages. It features a variety of rides, including a roller coaster.
10. Have Some Ice Cream- What better way to cool off on a hot summer day than with a scoop or two of ice cream? There are several ice cream shops in Ocean View, including Dairy Queen and ICEE Bear.