Oak Harbor is a beautiful, historic town located on Whidbey Island in Washington State. With its quaint shops, cafes, and restaurants, Oak Harbor is the perfect place to spend a day with your family. There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep your little ones entertained. Visit the Oak Harbor Children’s Museum, take a ride on the Oak Harbor Waterfront Trolley, or explore one of the many parks and beaches in the area. For a more unique experience, try visiting the Island County Historical Museum or the Aviation Museum. Whatever you choose to do, you’re sure to have a great time in Oak Harbor!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Oak Harbor, Washington
1. Visit Whidbey Island Ice and Sports Complex – This complex features two NHL-sized ice rinks, a regulation size basketball court, a weight room, a lounge, and a snack bar. There is also a mezzanine level with a walking/jogging track that overlooks the main rink.
2. Go to the Oak Harbor Farmers Market – This market features fresh produce, flowers, baked goods, and artisan items from over 50 vendors. It is open every Thursday from 3pm to 7pm from May through October.
3. Play at Windjammer Park – This park has a playground, a basketball court, a sand volleyball court, a picnic shelter, and a nature trail.
4. Ride the Oak Harbor Water Taxi – This water taxi service takes passengers on a 30-minute ride from downtown Oak Harbor to Deception Pass State Park. The park is home to hiking trails, scenic views, and waterfalls.
5. Visit the Oak Harbor Wildlife Shelter – This wildlife shelter is home to over 200 animals, including reptiles, mammals, and birds. They offer tours, educational programs, and a gift shop.
6. Check out the Oak Harbor Maritime Museum – This museum features exhibits on the history of the maritime industry in Oak Harbor. They also have a restored Coast Guard cutter, a research library, and a gift shop.
7. Go to the Oak Harbor Music Festival – This annual music festival features a variety of genres, including jazz, blues, rock, and country. It takes place in July and August.
8. Take a walk through Joseph Whidbey State Park – This state park is located on the north end of Whidbey Island and features hiking trails, beach access, and picnicking areas.
9. Play mini golf at Galaxy Golf – This 18-hole mini golf course is located inside a space-themed arcade. They also have a laser tag arena and an escape room.
10. Visit the Island County Historical Museum – This museum features exhibits on the history of Island County, including the Native Americans who lived here, early settlers, and the logging and farming industries.