Nowogard is a charming town in northern Poland with a population of just over 15,000 people. It is located in the West Pomeranian Voivodeship, about 100 km from the Baltic Sea. The town’s name comes from the Slavic word for “new” (nowy) and “garden” (ogród), and it was first mentioned in a 1237 document.
Nowogard is a great place to visit if you’re travelling with young children. The town has a number of kid-friendly attractions, including a playground, a water park, and a museum. There is also a large park in the centre of town, which is perfect for a picnic or a game of tag. If your children are interested in history, they’ll be sure to enjoy a visit to the Nowogard Castle, which dates back to the 13th century.
If you’re looking for something to do on a rainy day, you can visit the Nowogard Regional Museum, which has exhibitions on the history of the town and the surrounding area. You can also take a trip to the nearby city of Szczecin, which is about an hour away by car. Szczecin has a number of interesting museums and galleries, as well as a lively nightlife scene.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Nowogard, Poland
1. Head to the Sowinski Park for a day of picnicking and fun. The park features playground equipment, a large pond, and plenty of space to run around.
2.Visit the zoo in Nowogard to see lions, tigers, and other animals from around the world.
3. See a movie at the local cinema.
4. Go bowling at the Nowogard Bowling Alley.
5. Get your shopping fix at the many stores in the city center.
6. Play arcade games at the Nowogard Funland.
7. Take a swim in the Nowogard Swimming Pool.
8. Bike or walk around the scenic Lake Ostrowiec.
9. Learn about history at the Nowogard Museum.
10. Visit the Nowogard Castle for a day of exploring.