There are many kid friendly things to do in Nouakchott. The beach is always a great option and there are many parks in the city where children can play. The Nouakchott Zoo is a great place to take the kids and there are many educational activities and workshops available for children of all ages. The Mauritania National Museum is also a great option for a family day out and has many exhibits and displays which are perfect for a rainy day. If you are looking for something a little different, then a trip to the nearby desert town of Chinguetti is a great option. Here you can explore the sand dunes, go on a camel ride and visit the ancient ruins.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Nouakchott, Mauritania
1. Visit the Nouakchott Zoo and Botanical Gardens – The Nouakchott Zoo and Botanical Gardens is a great place to take kids for a day of fun and education. With over 100 different animals on display, including lions, tigers, and giraffes, kids will love getting up close and personal with some of their favorite animals. The gardens are also a beautiful place to explore, with over 1,000 different plant species to discover.
2. Check out the shops and markets – Nouakchott is home to a number of different shops and markets where kids can find souvenirs, gifts, and other trinkets to take home with them. The markets are also a great place to try some traditional Mauritanian foods, like grilled meats and vegetables.
3. Go for a swim – With its warm climate and beautiful beaches, Nouakchott is the perfect place to take a dip in the ocean. Kids will love splashing around in the waves and building sandcastles on the beach.
4. Visit the National Museum – The National Museum is a great place to learn about Mauritanian history and culture. Kids will enjoy seeing the exhibits on traditional arts and crafts, as well as the displays on the country’s nomadic past.
5. Ride on a camel – Riding on a camel is a fun and unique experience that kids will love. There are a number of camel rides available in Nouakchott, ranging from short rides around the city to longer treks into the desert.
6. Play in the park – Nouakchott has a number of different parks where kids can run around and play. The parks also have a variety of different features, like playgrounds, swimming pools, and sports fields.
7. Take a boat ride – A boat ride is a great way to see the city from a different perspective. Kids will enjoy cruising down the river, taking in the sights and sounds of Nouakchott.
8. Try some traditional Mauritanian food – Mauritanian food is a unique blend of African, Arab, and French influences. Kids will love trying out different dishes, like couscous, Tajine, and Briouats.
9. Visit a camel market – A visit to a camel market is a great way to learn about a.