Norwood is a town in North Carolina that is full of kid-friendly activities. There is the Norwood Community Park, which has a playground, a sprayground, walking trails, and a picnic shelter. Also in Norwood is the American Legion Park, which has a ball field, a walking trail, and a picnic shelter. For those who love the outdoors, there are plenty of hiking and biking trails in and around Norwood. And for those who love to shop, there are several boutique shops downtown that are perfect for kids.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Norwood, North Carolina
1. Visit the Yadkin Valley Wineries – Yadkin Valley Wineries is a great place to visit for both kids and adults. There are a variety of wines to taste and purchase, as well as a playground and picnic area for the kids.
2. Take a scenic drive down the New River – The New River is a beautiful drive, especially in the fall when the leaves are changing color. There are many places to stop and take in the scenery, and the kids will love seeing all the different animals along the way.
3. Go fishing at one of the many lakes in the area – There are plenty of lakes in the Norwood area, so take the kids fishing! They’ll love spending time outdoors and you might even catch dinner.
4. Visit the North Carolina Zoo – The North Carolina Zoo is a great place to take the kids for a day of animal fun. They can see all sorts of animals from all over the world, and there are even some interactive exhibits.
5. Go for a hike at Pilot Mountain State Park – Pilot Mountain State Park is a great place to go for a hike with the kids. There are scenic trails of all different lengths, and the kids will love exploring all the different plants and animals along the way.
6. Play at the park – There are several parks in the Norwood area, so take the kids to one (or more!) to run around and play. They’ll love the playground equipment and the chance to burn off some energy.
7. Visit the Mayberry Days Festival – The Mayberry Days Festival is a great event for the whole family. There are plenty of activities for the kids, including a carnival, face painting, and live entertainment.
8. Go to the movies – Norwood has its own movie theater, so take the kids to see the latest family-friendly flick. They’ll love the big screen experience and the chance to eat some popcorn.
9. Check out a museum – Norwood is home to several museums, including the Stanly County Museum and the Native American History Museum. The kids will learn something new while exploring all the different exhibits.
10. Go on a shopping spree – Norwood has several great places to shop, so take the kids to buy some new clothes or toys. They’ll love picking out their favorite items and you might even find some good deals.