Norwich, New York, is a charming town in the heart of Chenango County. The downtown area is home to a variety of businesses, including art galleries, a brewpub, a winery, and several unique shops. The town also has a number of parks and playgrounds, making it a great place to bring the kids.
Norwich is home to Chenango Memorial Hospital, and College Hill, which is home to a number of historic buildings and homes. The Colgate campus is also located in town, adding to the Norwich’s charm.
There are a number of kid-friendly activities to enjoy in Norwich. The Colgate Visitor’s Center offers a number of interactive exhibits, and the Norwich Public Library regularly hosts story times and other events for kids. The Chenango County Fairgrounds are also located in town, and offer a variety of fairs and events throughout the year.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Norwich, New York
1. Visit the farmer’s market – Norwich has a farmer’s market every Saturday from 9am-1pm. This is a great way to get fresh, local produce and meet some of the friendly people who live in the area.
2. Go for a hike – There are plenty of places to hike near Norwich, including the Chenango River Trail and the Munson-Williams-Proctor Arts Institute Woods Trail.
3. Take a scenic drive – Norwich is located in the beautiful Chenango Valley, so there are plenty of scenic drives to take in the area.
4. Visit a winery – Norwich is home to several wineries, including Blackberry Farms and Otter Creek Vineyards.
5. Play in the park – There are several parks in Norwich, including East Side Park and West Side Park.
6. Go fishing – The Chenango River is a great place to go fishing. You can also fish in many of the ponds and lakes in the area.
7. Go for a swim – There are several public pools in Norwich, including the Norwich Family YMCA and the Earlville Aquatic Center.
8. Play golf – There are several golf courses in the Norwich area, including the Canasawacta Country Club and the Lakeview Golf Club.
9. Take a tour of the Erie Canal – The Erie Canal runs right through Norwich. You can take a self-guided tour of the canal or take a tour with a canal boat.
10. Visit a museum – Norwich is home to several museums, including the Chenango County Historical Society Museum and the W.W. Winspear Opera House and Museum.