There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Northcote, Australia! For starters, the Northcote Aquatic and Recreation Centre is a great place to take the kids for a swim or to play in the waterpark. The Centre also has a playground, a café, and plenty of grassy areas to explore. If you’re looking for something a little more active, the High Ropes Adventure Park is perfect for thrill seekers of all ages. The park has a range of obstacles and zip lines to test your bravery, and is sure to tire the kids out! For a quieter afternoon, take a stroll through All Nations Park, where you can learn about the different cultures represented in Northcote through the various sculptures and artworks. The park also has a playground, a BBQ area, and plenty of room to run around.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Northcote, Australia
1. Visit the Crocodile Farm – The Crocodile Farm is a great place to learn about and see Australian wildlife up close. You can feed the crocodiles, hold a baby alligator, and see a variety of other animals including kangaroos, emus, and lizards.
2. Play at the Northcote Playground – The Northcote Playground is a great place for kids to burn off some energy. There is a large pirate ship to climb on, swings, slides, and a sandpit.
3. Go to the Northcote Aquatic Centre – The Northcote Aquatic Centre is a great place to take the kids to cool off on a hot day. There is a heated indoor pool, a toddler pool, and a water slide.
4. Visit the Wingrove Park Animal Farm – The Wingrove Park Animal Farm is a great place for kids to see and interact with a variety of animals. You can feed the animals, pet the rabbits, and even milk a cow!
5. Picnic at All Nations Park – All Nations Park is a great spot for a family picnic. There is plenty of grassy space to run around, a playground, and a basketball court.
6. Go for a bike ride along the Darebin Creek Trail – The Darebin Creek Trail is a great place to take the kids for a leisurely bike ride. The trail is flat and winds its way through a variety of parks and reserves.
7. explore the CERES Environmental Park – The CERES Environmental Park is a great place to explore the environment with the kids. There are a variety of gardens to stroll through, a working farm, and a composting education centre.
8. Visit the Melbourne Zoo – The Melbourne Zoo is a great place to see a variety of animals from all over the world. You can see lions, tigers, giraffes, and even penguins!
9. Take a walk through the Royal Botanic Gardens – The Royal Botanic Gardens are a beautiful spot for a family stroll. You can smell the roses in the aromatic garden, see the fish swimming in the pond, and explore the rainforest walk.
10. Ride the Melbourne Star Observation Wheel – The Melbourne Star Observation Wheel is a great way to see the city from above. You can see for kilometres in every direction and even spot some of the city’s landmarks.