There are countless kid friendly things to do in North Salem, New York! For the outdoorsy family, taking hikes through the many trails and parks is a great way to spend a day. The Great Nature Conservancy is also a great place to explore and learn about the local flora and fauna. If you’re looking for some culture, the John Jay Homestead is a perfect place to spend an afternoon. Kids can explore the replica of Jay’s farmhouse and learn about what life was like in the 1800s. The Lewisboro Library is also a great place to take the kids. They offer weekly storytimes, a large selection of children’s books, and many kid-friendly events throughout the year. No matter what your family is into, North Salem has something for everyone!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In North Salem, New York
1. Visit the Pumpkin Picking Patch – Fall is the perfect time to head to a pumpkin patch and pick out the perfect pumpkin! North Salem is home to several pumpkin picking patches, including Stony Hill Farm, Heermann’s Farm, and Orchards of Concklin.
2. Go Apple Picking – New York is home to some of the best apples in the country, so it’s no surprise that apple picking is a popular activity in North Salem. Head to one of the many local farms, such as Wilkens Fruit & Fir Farm or Outhouse Orchards, to pick your own bushel of apples.
3. Visit a Farm – North Salem is home to several working farms, including Windmill Farm, Bedford Blueberry Farm, and Honey Hill Farm. Spend a day exploring the farm, learning about the animals and how the farm operates.
4. Go on a Hayride – A hayride is the perfect way to experience the fall foliage in North Salem. Many of the local farms offer hayrides, so you can sit back, relax, and take in the beautiful scenery.
5. Visit a Winery – North Salem is home to several wineries, including White Horse Winery, Kontokosta Winery, and Salem Vineyards. Spend an afternoon exploring the vineyards, learning about the winemaking process, and tasting the delicious wines.
6. Take a Hike – North Salem is home to several hiking trails, including the Ward Pound Ridge Reservation, the North County Trailway, and the Westchester Land Trust Trails. Get out and enjoy the fresh air and beautiful scenery on one of these trails.
7. Go Fishing – North Salem is home to several ponds and lakes, making it the perfect place to go fishing. Pack a picnic lunch and spend a peaceful day fishing with the family.
8. Visit a Museum – North Salem is home to several museums, including the Keeler Tavern Museum, the North Salem Historical Society Museum, and the Ward Pound Ridge Reservation Interpretive Center. Spend a day learning about the history and culture of North Salem.
9. Go Camping – North Salem is home to several campgrounds, including the Ward Pound Ridge Reservation, the North County Trailway, and the Westchester Land Trust Trails. Spend a weekend camping under the stars and exploring the great outdoors.
10. Play Miniature Golf – North Salem is home to several miniature golf courses, including the Windmill Farm, the Honey Hill Farm, and the Orchards of Concklin. Spend an afternoon playing mini golf with the family.