10 fun & kid-friendly things to do in North Fort Myers Florida
1. Visit the Shell Factory and Nature Park – The Shell Factory and Nature Park is a great place to take the kids to learn about shells, see exotic animals, and have lots of fun.
2. Play at the North Fort Myers Recreation Center – The Recreation Center has a playground, basketball courts, a pool, and more. It’s a great place for the kids to burn off some energy.
3. Have a picnic at Riverside Park – Riverside Park is a beautiful park with a playground, picnic tables, and a river. It’s a great place to relax and spend time with the family.
4. Go fishing at the North Fort Myers Fishing Pier – The Fishing Pier is a great place to take the kids to catch some fish.
5. Go for a hike at Caloosahatchee Regional Park – Caloosahatchee Regional Park is a great place to take a nature hike and see some wildlife.
6. Visit the Imaginarium Science Center – The Imaginarium Science Center is a great place for kids to learn about science and have fun.
7. Go on a nature walk at the Six Mile Cypress Slough Preserve – The Six Mile Cypress Slough Preserve is a great place to take a nature walk and see some beautiful plants and animals.
8. Play at the splash pad at Jaycee Park – Jaycee Park has a splash pad, playground, and picnic tables. It’s a great place to take the kids to cool off on a hot day.
9. Visit the North Fort Myers Public Library – The Library has a great selection of books and is a great place to take the kids to learn and have fun.
10. Have a picnic at Lakes Park – Lakes Park is a beautiful park with a playground, picnic tables, and a lake. It’s a great place to relax and spend time with the family.
1. What Are The Most Popular Tourist Attractions In North Fort Myers?
Some of the most popular tourist attractions in North Fort Myers include the Calusa Nature Center & Planetarium, the Imaginarium Science Center, and the Barbara B. Mann Performing Arts Hall. Other popular attractions include theLee County Sports Complex – Hammond Stadium and the both the Gator Mike’s Airboat Tours and the Florida Outdoor Adventure Center.
2. What Are The Best Beaches In North Fort Myers?
Some of the best beaches in North Fort Myers include Matanzas Pass Preserve, Bowditch Point Park, and Crescent Beach Park. these beaches offer a variety of activities such as swimming, fishing, kayaking, and bird watching.
3. What Restaurants Are In North Fort Myers?
Some of the best restaurants in North Fort Myers include the Punta Rassa Bar & Grill, the El Gaucho Inca Restaurant, and the Little Italy Pizzeria & Trattoria. These restaurants offer a variety of cuisines including American, Mexican, Italian, and more.
4. What Is There To Do In North Fort Myers?
There is a wide variety of things to do in North Fort Myers. Some of the most popular activities include visiting the beaches, touring the Calusa Nature Center & Planetarium, exploring the Imaginarium Science Center, and attending a performance at the Barbara B. Mann Performing Arts Hall.
5. What Are The Best Hotels In North Fort Myers?
Some of the best hotels in North Fort Myers include the Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers-Airport, the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Myers-North, and the Courtyard by Marriott Fort Myers-I-75/Gulf Coast Town Center. These hotels offer a variety of amenities and features, such as being close to the airport, having an on-site pool, and being near shopping and dining.
6. What Is The Weather Like In North Fort Myers?
The weather in North Fort Myers is typically warm and sunny. The average high temperature is in the mid-80s, while the average low temperature is in the low-60s.
7. What Is The History Of North Fort Myers?
North Fort Myers was originally settled by the native Calusa Indians. The first European settlers did not arrive until the late 1800s, when the area was used as a fishing and hunting camp. In the early 1900s, the area began to develop more rapidly, with the construction of the Tamiami Trail and the establishment of a post office.
8. What Is The Population Of North Fort Myers?
The population of North Fort Myers is approximately 36,000.
9. What Schools Are In North Fort Myers?
There are a number of schools in North Fort Myers, including public schools, charter schools, and private schools. Some of the public schools include North Fort Myers High School, Middle School, and Elementary School.
10. What Is The Crime Rate In North Fort Myers?
The crime rate in North Fort Myers is relatively low. However, as with any city, there is always the potential for crime.