Norfolk is a great city for families with young children. There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to enjoy, such as the Children’s Museum of Virginia, the Virginia Zoo, and the Mariners’ Museum. The town also has several parks and playgrounds, as well as a number of museums and historical sites that are perfect for a day trip. Families can also enjoy a number of outdoor activities, such as hiking, biking, and picnicking in one of the many city parks.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Norfolk, Virginia
1. Visit the Norfolk Zoo: The Norfolk Zoo is a fun and educational experience for kids of all ages. They can learn about a variety of animals from all over the world and even get the chance to pet some of them.
2. Climb aboard the Battleship Wisconsin: The Battleship Wisconsin is a decommissioned Navy vessel that is now docked in Norfolk. Kids can explore the ship, learn about its history, and even see some of the guns up close.
3. Watch a movie at the Naro Theatre: The Naro Theatre is an independent movie theatre that is known for showing a variety of classic and cult films. Kids will enjoy the experience of watching a movie in an old-fashioned theatre.
4. Attend a show at the Wells Theatre: The Wells Theatre is a historic theatre that hosts a variety of shows throughout the year. Kids can see a play, a musical, or even a comedy show.
5. Go on a tour of the Norfolk Botanical Garden: The Norfolk Botanical Garden is a beautiful place to explore with kids. They can see a variety of plants and flowers, and even take a tour of the greenhouses.
6. Visit the Chrysler Museum of Art: The Chrysler Museum of Art is a great place for kids to see a variety of art. They can view paintings, sculptures, and even take part in art activities.
7. Explore the Virginia Zoo: The Virginia Zoo is a fun place for kids to learn about a variety of animals. They can see tigers, lions, and even primates.
8. Take a ride on the Virginia Beach Boardwalk: The Virginia Beach Boardwalk is a great place to take a stroll with kids. They can people watch, ride bikes, and even stop for a refreshing treat.
9. Visit the USS Constitution Museum: The USS Constitution Museum is a great place for kids to learn about the history of the ship. They can see a replica of the ship, learn about the crew, and even see some of the guns up close.
10. Climb to the top of the Cape Henry Lighthouse: The Cape Henry Lighthouse is a historic lighthouse that offers sweeping views of the area. Kids can climb to the top of the lighthouse and see the ocean for miles.