There are many kid friendly things to do in Nixon, Texas. There is a lot of history in Nixon, which can be explored at the Sam Houston Museum. The old town offers a variety of shops and restaurants, as well as a number of parks and playgrounds. Fishing is also a popular activity in Nixon, and there are a number of lakes and rivers in the area. In addition, there are a number of events held in Nixon throughout the year that are perfect for kids, such as the Heritage Festival and the Christmas in Nixon celebration.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Nixon, Texas
1. Take a stroll through the beautiful grounds of the Dr. Ed Rhoton Sr. Memorial Park. This park features a playground, pavilion, walking trail, and scenic views of the Lakeview Golf Course.
2. Visit the Heritage Center Museum to learn about the history of Nixon and see artifacts from the past.
3. Enjoy a round of golf at the Lakeview Golf Course.
4. Go fishing at one of the many lakes in the area, such as Lakeview, Smiley, or Coleto Creek Reservoir.
5. Take a hike or bike ride on one of the many trails in the area, such as the Nolina Trail or Coleto Creek Nature Trail.
6. Go picnicking at one of the many parks in the area, such as Dr. Ed Rhoton Sr. Memorial Park, Smiley Park, or Lakeview Park.
7. Play disc golf at the Smiley Park Disc Golf Course.
8. Go swimming at the Lakeview Aquatic Center.
9. Play tennis at the Lakeview Tennis Center.
10. Have fun at the kid-friendly playgrounds at Dr. Ed Rhoton Sr. Memorial Park, Smiley Park, and Lakeview Park.