Ningbo is a beautiful, historic city located in southeastern China. It is a place where the past and present collide, and there is something for everyone to enjoy. The city is known for its many temples, parks, and museums, as well as its shopping and delicious food.
For families with young children, there are plenty of kid-friendly things to do in Ningbo. Visit Tiantong Temple, one of the oldest and largest temples in the city. Stroll through Xikou Scenic Area, a large forest Park with hiking trails, a lake, and plenty of space to run around. Take a boat ride on the Yinzhou Old Canal, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Or, explore one of the many museums, such as the Ningbo Museum or the Museum of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
If you’re looking for a more active adventure, head to Tianyi Square, the largest square in Ningbo. Here, you can people watch, go shopping, or join in on one of the many activities or events that are often held here. You can also visit Yinzhou Stadium to catch a football (soccer) match or take part in one of the many sports facilities available.
No matter what you’re interested in, Ningbo has something for everyone to enjoy.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Ningbo, China
1. Visit Tianyi Square – Tianyi Square is a large public square located in the heart of Ningbo. The square is a great place for families to come and relax, play, and people watch. There are often events and performances held in the square, making it a great place to take the kids for a day out.
2. Take a stroll along Fenghua River – The Fenghua River runs through the city of Ningbo and is a great place to take a leisurely stroll. The river is lined with trees and there are often people out and about, making it a great place to people watch and get some fresh air.
3. Visit Tianyi Pavilion – Tianyi Pavilion is a famed structure located on the bank of the Fenghua River. The pavilion was built in 1533 and is a great place to learn about the history of Ningbo. The pavilion also offers great views of the river and the city.
4. Browse the Old Street – The Old Street is a pedestrian-only street located in the center of Ningbo. The street is lined with shops, restaurants, and cafes, making it a great place to browse and find gifts or souvenirs.
5. Visit the Ningbo Museum – The Ningbo Museum is a great place to learn about the history and culture of Ningbo. The museum has a wide variety of exhibits, including ones on the history of the city, the culture of the region, and the natural history of the area.
6. Take a cable car ride up Tiantong Mountain – Tiantong Mountain is a large mountain located near Ningbo. The mountain is a great place to hike or take a cable car ride to the top for some stunning views of the city.
7. Visit the Ningbo Zoo – The Ningbo Zoo is a great place to take the kids for a day out. The zoo has a wide variety of animals, including tigers, lions, elephants, and giraffes. The zoo also has a number of interactive exhibits, making it a great place to learn about animals.
8. Visit the Moon Lake Park – The Moon Lake Park is a large park located on the outskirts of Ningbo. The park is a great place to come for a picnic, to go for a walk or jog, or to just relax and enjoy the scenery.
9. Go for a ride on the Haishang Tuhai Bicycle Path – The Haishang Tuhai Bicycle Path is a large bicycle path that runs through Ningbo. The path is a great place to go for a leisurely bike ride and take in the sights and sounds of the city.
10. Visit the Tianfeng Tower – The Tianfeng Tower is a large tower located in the center of Ningbo. The tower offers great views of the city and is a great place to come for a photo op.