Nijkerk is a municipality and a city in the Netherlands, in the province of Gelderland. Nijkerk is the largest town in the municipality of Nijkerk, with a population of 36,206 in 2017. It is located about 10 km southeast of Amersfoort. The municipality of Nijkerk also includes the towns of Hoevelaken and Nijkerkerveen.
Nijkerk is a great place for families with young children. There are plenty of kid-friendly activities and attractions in the city and the surrounding area. The Sprookjesbos, or Fairytale forest, is a must-see for any family visiting Nijkerk. The forest is home to many of your child’s favorite fairytale characters, including Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, andHansel and Gretel. Your kids will love meeting their favorite characters and exploring the magical forest.
Another great activity for families is a visit to the Nijkerkernood Nature Park. The Park has plenty of hiking and biking trails, as well as a playground and a picnic area. The kids will love exploring the Park, and you’ll enjoy the fresh air and beautiful scenery.
If you’re looking for a more active activity, you can take the family to the Nijkerk to Water Sports Centre. The Centre offers plenty of water-based activities, including swimming, kayaking, and sailing. your kids will love spending a day on the water, and you’ll appreciate the Centre’s lifeguards and safety measures.
No matter what your family enjoys, you’ll find plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep everyone happy in Nijkerk.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Nijkerk, Netherlands
1. Visit the Nijkerk city center to see the charming historical architecture and go shopping.
2. Stroll through Hofpark, a beautiful green space in the center of town, and take a break on one of the park benches.
3. Visit the St. Bonifatiuskerk, a stunning Gothic church in the center of Nijkerk.
4. Take a walk or a bike ride around the scenic Nijkerkervijver.
5. Visit the Nijkerk Museum to learn about the history and culture of the town.
6. Stop by the Nijkerk Town Hall to see the beautiful Dutch Renaissance architecture.
7. Have a picnic in one of Nijkerk’s many parks, such as Valkenberg Park or Saffier Park.
8. Go for a swim in the Nijkerkerveenpool, a public outdoor swimming pool.
9. Play mini golf or go karting at Nijkerk’s Fun Center.
10. Visit the animal sanctuary at Dierenpark Amersfoort, where you can see lions, tigers, and other animals up close.