There is so much to do for kids in Newport, Rhode Island! One of the most popular attractions is the Newport Aquarium. The Newport Aquarium has over 70 species of animals on exhibit including sharks, jellyfish, seahorses, and penguins. Kids will love getting up close and personal with all the different marine life. Another great activity for kids is to go on a whale watching tour. These tours depart from Newport daily and give kids the chance to see some of the biggest creatures on earth in their natural habitat. If your kids are into history, they will love exploring the many historic mansions in Newport. The Breakers, The Elms, and Marble House are just a few of the mansions that are open to the public. Kids will love walking through these beautiful homes and learning about the lifestyles of the rich and famous during the Gilded Age.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Newport, Rhode Island
1. Visit the International Tennis Hall of Fame: The International Tennis Hall of Fame is a great place to take the kids to learn about the history of tennis and to see some of the greatest players of all time.
2. Go to the Newport Aquarium: The Newport Aquarium is a great place for kids to see all sorts of amazing sea life. They can also touch some of the animals and even feed them.
3. Visit the Newport Mansions: The Newport Mansions are a great way for kids to learn about the Gilded Age and to see some of the most beautiful homes in the world.
4. Go to the Easton’s Beach: Easton’s Beach is a great place for kids to play in the sand, go swimming, and to ride the waves on the beach’s famous carousel.
5. Visit the Goat Island Lighthouse: The Goat Island Lighthouse is a great place to take the kids to learn about the history of lighthouses and to see one of the most beautiful views of Newport.
6. Take a Newport Harbor tour: A Newport Harbor tour is a great way for kids to see all the different boats that come in and out of the harbor and to learn about the history of Newport.
7. Visit the Bowen’s Wharf: The Bowen’s Wharf is a great place for kids to see all the different shops and restaurants that are available in Newport.
8. Take a scenic drive: A scenic drive is a great way for kids to see all the different sights that Newport has to offer.
9. Visit the Fort Adams State Park: The Fort Adams State Park is a great place for kids to learn about the history of Newport and to see the different fortifications that were built to protect the city.
10. Go to the Newport Visitor Center: The Newport Visitor Center is a great place for kids to learn about the different attractions that Newport has to offer and to get maps and brochures to help plan their trip.